Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: DB Repository to File Repo

Default DB Repository to File Repo

I am migrating from a DB Repo to a file based Repo.

While all the transformations and Jobs are progressing properly I have not yet figured out how to do the following

Currently (DB Repo)
    When making a Transformation you have a option of all of your Database connections on the left hand side. This allows the ability to quickly configure what you need

File Based Repo
    Only the connections in use appear to be listed. (for that job or transformation) when making new Transformations or jobs this is a PITA

Question:
    How do I export all of the Database Connections into unique kdb files? (I have 50-60 unique DB connections)

Thank you

There's an option to share connections, but you have to mark them as shared one by one, at least that's what I think, so for each connection you have to open a transformation or job that uses it, and right click on it and mark it as shared.
    Regards
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

I've been looking around and can not seem to find the option you are talking about. Can you give me a bit better hint as to where this is that you are describing?

Thanks

Yes, it's not straight forward to find.
    When you open a transformation or a job with a database connection, you go to the left part with the two tabs: View and Design. In the View tab you have a drop down all the steps in the transformation or job, but you also have a dropdown with database connections, right clicking on the database connection you want to share, there's a menu option to start sharing the connection (when a DB Connection is shared, it is marked bold), or if you are already sharing the connection, the menu option is for stop sharing the connection.
    Regards
    Java: Openjdk 1.8.0_131
    Pentaho 6.1 CE

You can also create a transformation which from your DB Repo creates kdb files (just xml) for all the connections in the tables r_database, r_database_attribute, r_database_contype and r_database_type