Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Launch Spoon on ubuntu 18.04

Default Launch Spoon on ubuntu 18.04

Hi All,
    I have installed pentaho on ubuntu server which is running on GCP. I have followed all the steps to install and the installation was fine. I ran the job from terminal using kitchen and it works fine. But when i am trying to open spoon, I'm facing the below error.

Please share your comments if anyone has the same issue.

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0log4j:WARN Continuable parsing error 45 and column 76log4j:WARN Element type "rollingPolicy" must be declared.log4j:WARN Continuable parsing error 52 and column 14log4j:WARN The content of element type "appender" must match "(errorHandler?,param*,layout?,filter*,appender-ref*)".log4j:WARN Please set a rolling policy for the RollingFileAppender named 'pdi-execution-appender'

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)at
    org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Unknown Source)at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Unknown Source)at
    org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Unknown Source)at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Unknown Source)at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Unknown Source)at org.pentaho.di.ui.spoon.Spoon.main(Spoon.java:664)at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:564)at org.pentaho.commons.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:92)
    Last edited by Bhanuchandar; 02-04-2019 at 06:16 AM.

If you read the other posts on this subject, you will find that you would need to have X running in order to use Spoon on a Linux machine
    This is not recommended.

Do your design work on a workstation (which has a GUI) and upload your transformations to your server. Then schedule them to run via kitchen or pan (as appropriate for transforms and jobs)