Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: partition bulk insert elasticsearch

Default partition bulk insert elasticsearch

Regards,I write because I am working with pentaho and elasticsearch and I found a something that can be handled with relatively simple although I do not understand why this option is not in pentaho

you have an index that has
    tickets-year-month
    and a pattern that reads tickets- *
    therefore it manages them as a partition

now I do not know how to put in the name of the index the variable year-month for each row of the transformation since it is working with about 10 million tickets per month the separation is fundamental

Name:  Captura.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  8.2 KB
    illustrating it in the image as it could change the {$ year} {$ month} change it to the real value of each row

If you want to reference a variable in Spoon, you must use:

${variable-name}

Variables inside a transformation only has a single value, they cannot change value while the transformation is running. You can change the value of a variable at job level, or after a transformation has finished, but not during execution of a transformation.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with elastisearch, don't know anything about it. Also I don't know if you want to reference row fields here or if that's even possible.

currently many database managers are implementing partitions of the same style <tablename> * where * = partition then you can review several tables but to insert in the tables you must change the value of the column I guess it is not a functionality but It seems that it should be implemented because it is a very common feature I have seen it in Elasticsearch, Mongo, Bigquery among others as the amount of data increases the need for this type of tricks become relevant.
    examples
    select *
    from <tablename> - *
    where date between (z, y)

'z' and 'y' are the partition and automatically manage the partitions and delimit the tables to review between 'z' and 'y'
    but for more that I have given pentaho a spin to implement something similar the only thing that occurs to me is to separate the data in the job and insert it segmented but this defeats a bit the purpose and although the partitions in the insert table could be a good example these do not work in the bulk load what I do not know how to manage but given the amount of managers that are implementing it, it would be good to go adjusting in the same context, do not you think?