Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Change column value if output-format is excel

Question Change column value if output-format is excel

Hello, I have report, where I show some photos. However, if the report is generated as Excel output, I don't want to have the photos there, because the size of generated file is too big in that case.
    Because of that, I want to have those columns empty, if the output format is Excel (or, even not HTML would work). I have tried to do it through excel:formula in Attributes section of the cell, but it did not work (I guess, it is because its the formula of that excel cell.
    I have also tried to create Open formula with IF statement, but wasn't able to find any way how to give it output-format as a parameter.
    Is there any way how to solve this issue? How to change value of a cell depending on output-format? I been trying to find it in Pentaho documentation, but no luck so far..

ISEXPORTTYPE("table/excel") will return true or false depending if the output of your report is Excel or not. You can use that to hide or suppress any of the data in your report you do not want to display in Excel.