Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: 404 Error exporting to Excel/Printing from JPivot

Default 404 Error exporting to Excel/Printing from JPivot

Hi All,

I am using Pentaho-Demo 1.0.0 RC1 and got a 404 Error when trying to print/export to Excel from JPivot.

The solution is quite simple: just replace
    Code:
    ../Print?cube
    in the Pivot.jsp file (located in $PENTAHO_HOME/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/jsp/) with
    Code:
    ./Print?cube
    and everything works.

Regards
    Florian

jdixon Guest

Default Re:404 Error exporting to Excel/Printing from JPiv

Thanks for the fix Florian, it will be in the next release candidate.

James

I have the same problem, but I'm using Bi-server 5.0.1 and tomcat as webserver and I cannot find where "Pivot.jsp" is...help me please..

The change mentioned a few years ago around Pivot.jsp won't help with this, and there is no longer a Pivot.jsp. The Print/PDF functions in JPivot are dependent on an older version of Apache FOP than is used in the platform. Downgrading to version 0.20.5 should allow you to print, but I'd be be aware that it could introduce other issues in the platform.

Thanks @mcampbell, I did upload the Apache FOP version 0.20.5. But in the BIserver 4.8 was good; it is not in the 5.0.1 platform.
    Downgrading to FOP version 0.20.5 doesn't allow the eporting in excel/PDF.

Sorry that didn't work for you. Just to confirm, you replaced the version of fop in pentaho/WEB-INF/lib, correct? And removed the existing version?

Ok, I confirm. I did try to remove the "fop-0.94.jar" and replace it with "fop-0.20.5.jar".
    I stopped and started again the server but the result is the same: HTTP status 404.
    Have you got any idea? Thx

Now it works, the procedure is wiritten in this file:
    \pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-jpivot-plugin\plugin.spring.xml

Hope to be useful. Ciao!

Thanks for replying with that info! I had forgotten about the spring bean that needed to be configured.

Hello,

I had this problem with Pentaho 6.1. There is a warning in \pentaho-solutions\system\pentaho-jpivot-plugin\plugin.spring.xml than talks about some problems with versions of fop*.jar but in this version of Pentaho there is no fop*.jar file in ../tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib. So I put fop-0.20.5.jar and there have not been any problem with other XLS Prints Plugins
    Last edited by quico; 10-04-2016 at 01:24 PM.