Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German Translation

Default German Translation

Hello all,

I started working on the german translation. It would be very nice to see the german translation ready to be released in version 1. For now I'm planning to have the translation complete at the end of the first week 2006. But I have to complete a project based on Pentaho during the same time so any help will be appreciated, feel free to contact me.

Regards
    Florian

gmoran Guest

Default Re:German Translation

Florian,

We have announced our GA release today, so unfortunately the German translation won't make it into this release. The good news is we post stable milestone releases often, usually at least one a month, so January 2006 can still be a milestone for you. We will do everything we can from the Pentaho side to help you along.

Also, feel free to post any successes, questions or concerns regarding your project. The Pentaho team and the community can benefit from your experience!

best regards,
    Gretchen

Gretchen,

Congratulations, I am very happy to see the GA release. This makes my time schedule a lot easier, now I can concentrate on my project and will try to get the translation done and ready for the next stable release.

Just a quick question about postings regarding my project: in my oppinion there should be a forum for this kind of postings. Perhaps something like "success stories", "smalltalk",...

Regards,
    Florian

gmoran Guest

That is a great suggestion Florian. We tend to go back and forth on whether we need to consolidate forums so as not to overwhelm community members, or add more to categorize the posts with more granularity. Feedback and suggestions are very helpful, I'll bring this one up to the team.

If you have any questions or troubles, use the component forum that is best suited for your question. If you are not sure, use the Platform Issues forum.

regards,
    Gretchen

Hello Gretchen,

I would like to see a top level category extending the existing forum categories. Top level categories ('General Feature Discussion', 'Help wanted', 'Developers Corner', 'Smalltalk' - only some ideas) are very helpful in my oppinion because it is easier for the users to decide in which top level category their postings will fit or in what category to search for answers.

At the moment it is very difficult to decide where to post. ETL is just a topic I remember. There is a discussion about ETL tools in the Data Mining forum and some posts in the BI framework forum. With top level categories it would be easier eg: if there is an error or misunderstanding with ETL tool x post in 'Help wanted' -> $database_oriented_subcategory, 'I need another ETL tool' posts going to 'General Feature Discussion' -> $database_oriented_subcategory, 'Are ETL tools useful?' discussions should be posted in 'Smalltalk' -> $advocacy and so on.

Many thanks to all for developing this great framework. Merry Christmas to the Pentaho Team and the Pentaho Community.

Florian

Hello all,

some days ago I found Pentaho in the Web and I am really happy to see this software.

Anyway, as I come from Germany as well, I would like to offer my help as well, especially for translating (it might be useful to agree upon the used translation terms within Pentaho - in this case it can be ensured that all users from the same language have the same translation and misunderstandings are at least mostly impossible).

Best regards,
    Thomas

Hi Florian,

How are your translations coming along? I take it you're working on translating the PCI demo first. Would it be too much to ask, if you could make your de properties files available? Maybe we can help, also.

Thanks.
    Ralph
    Ralph

Hi Florian and Ralph,

I would be willing to help with some of the translation, too.

It would be great if we could organize a joint effort.

Best regards,
    Ingo

Hi all

Me too :-)

Regards,
    Reto

Hi Gretchen,

Since Florian hasn't answered, I'd like to ask you, if work has been done on de-properties files and whether they could be made available for downloading. As you see here in the dicussion group, there are several who are willing to help with the translations, but we need to know what the status is and what's been done so far.

Thanks.
    Ralph
    Ralph