Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: How can I schedule email alerts ?

Default How can I schedule email alerts ?

I want an email to goto a dept manager when a value is beyond a threshold. Would you have an hourly scheduled burst based on a rule that only returns records beyond the threshold?

Default Re:How can I schedule email alerts ?

That's the correct approach, yes. Rather than send a report with a bunch of noise, sending an e-mail containing content that requires action is much more efficient (for both machine resources, and for human resources).

Default Re:How can I schedule email alerts ?

I played around with bursting reports to different region managers that fulfill a certain criteria (e.g. a report that returns only payment request that are beyond a certain threshold instead of returning also "good" customers that paid in time).

This works fine so far but also emails reports to region managers that contain no data (just because there is no data not because of an error).

Is it possible - and if so, how - to skip these empty reports that contain no data in the emailing process to avoid that the region manager receives an email though it contains no data that requires action ?

Thanks for your soonest suggestions
    Jens