Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: RDW VERSION 1.1.4

Default RDW VERSION 1.1.4

Hi, I installed new version of ReportDesign wizard ver -1.1.4. When I am trying to create a new JNDI connection to connect to oracle database , the oracle driver does not populate for selection.
    What should I do to make the oracle driver populate so that I can connect to my oracle database.Thanks in advance!

Default Re:RDW VERSION 1.1.4

Mary-

Simply drop 'classes12.zip' (or appropriate driver jar) into RDW/lib/jdbc and the JNDI driver class name should 'magically' appear.

-Mike

Default THANKS! another issue .....

Hi Mike,
    dropping classes.zip did not work .. later i copied all the jar files.Then it worked.THANKS !
    Can you please solve my another problem:
    I want to connect to oracle database 10g (10.2),to run the reports.
    I created a new JNDI connection pointing to the database and was suceesful in generating the report.I exported the report to pentaho-solution- sample-report.
    2) when I execute the .xaction file it is generating this error...
    why is it so? do i need to change any other configurations:

Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: ORACLEDS (org.pentaho.component.SQLDataComponent)
    Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/OPREPORT.xaction (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=454d4454-ca5a-11da-a8f6-158fcea4b13f, objectId=org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: ORACLEDS (org.pentaho.component.SQLDataComponent)
    Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - Could not execute OPREPORT.xaction (org.pentaho.component.SQLDataComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)

Default configured t o foll config files

Hi Mike, i FOUND THIS IN THE FORUM :
    4 --OPTION I am not knowing how to configure?
    5-- i copied and pasted in the mentioned file.thanks!

To configure JBoss with Oracle dataabse.

1. Copy Oracle's JDBC driver .zip file /jdbc/lib/classes12.zip to the server/default/lib directory.
    2. Copy /docs/examples/jca/oracle-ds.xml , to /server/default/deploy dir.

3. In the oracle-ds.xml file set the and settings
    Class: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
    URL: jdbcracle:thin:@::

In the Connection URL setting, is the HOST value specified in the /network/ADMIN/tnsnames.ora file, and is the PORT value specified in the tnsnames.ora file, and is the database name.

Modify the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml configuration file, setting the and elements to use Oracle:

java:/OracleDS
    Oracle9i

Modify login-config.xml to use Oracle. Add the following element to login-config.xml:

sa
    sa

jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=OracleDS

Default working....

ALL CONFIG DONE,,, ITI S WORKING NOW.

Default Re:working....

Wonderful, let us know if you have any new issues.

-Mike