Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Translate JPivot tooltips

Default Translate JPivot tooltips

Hi,

What files do I have to edit to change the JPivot tooltips?

Joe.
    Regards, Joe
    TSolucio

Default Re:Translate JPivot tooltips

I found them.

To translate the jpivot related strings you must unzip the jpivot.jar (in pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib), there you will find all the resource files. Translate them, zip it back up and that's it.
    To my surprise spanish was not included.
    I attach the spanish translation I have done in case anybody else needs them.

After this, pentaho specific you must translate the configuration screens. These can be found in:

pentaho.war/WEB-INF/jpivot/[table|chart|print]/
    and
    pentaho.war/WEB-INF/wcf/tableproperties.xml

I also attach these files in spanish.

It seems to be working fine for me.

Joe Bordes
    JPL TSolucio, S.L.
    Regards, Joe
    TSolucio

Upload jpivot specific translations
    http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_a...sources_es.zip
    Regards, Joe
    TSolucio

Upload pentaho specific translations
    These are based on 1.1.5
    http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_a...sources_es.zip
    Regards, Joe
    TSolucio

joebordes wrote:
    I found them.

To translate the jpivot related strings you must unzip the jpivot.jar (in pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib), there you will find all the resource files. Translate them, zip it back up and that's it.
    To my surprise spanish was not included.
    I attach the spanish translation I have done in case anybody else needs them.

After this, pentaho specific you must translate the configuration screens. These can be found in:

pentaho.war/WEB-INF/jpivot/[table|chart|print]/
    and
    pentaho.war/WEB-INF/wcf/tableproperties.xml

I also attach these files in spanish.

It seems to be working fine for me.

Joe Bordes
    JPL TSolucio, S.L.
    Hi, I have translated all the labels and it is working fine but when i do Drill Through Table showing source data there are some labels still in english, these labels are "Page", "Goto Page" and the title "Drill Through Table for"

How can i translate these labels?

Thank you in advance for your help

Carlos Kassab http://www.pentaho.org/components/co...ansalation.jpg

Hi Carlos,

The "Drill Through" string is hardcoded in the MondrianDrillThroughTableModel.java and XMLA_DrillThroughTableModel.java classes :-(
    I changed it there along with another minor change I needed and recompiled.

As to the other strings, I did not change them as I didn't need to. But they are in wcf. So you would have to unzip the wcf.jar, change/add the resources_xx.properties files in sqltable and table directories, and zip it back up. That should get those strings translated.

Let me know how it turns out.

BTW: Have you tried my changes with the last 1.2 version or are you working with an older version?

Regards, Joe.
    TSolucio.
    Regards, Joe
    TSolucio

joebordes wrote:
    Hi Carlos,

The "Drill Through" string is hardcoded in the MondrianDrillThroughTableModel.java and XMLA_DrillThroughTableModel.java classes :-(
    I changed it there along with another minor change I needed and recompiled.

As to the other strings, I did not change them as I didn't need to. But they are in wcf. So you would have to unzip the wcf.jar, change/add the resources_xx.properties files in sqltable and table directories, and zip it back up. That should get those strings translated.

Let me know how it turns out.

BTW: Have you tried my changes with the last 1.2 version or are you working with an older version?

Regards, Joe.
    TSolucio.
    Hi Joe,

I am using Mondrian 2.1.1 only with Tomcat 5.17, not all the pentaho BI preconfigured.

I have translated all labels that are in wcf.jar and just as you said only the "Drill Through" label is missing.

There is other label, it is "Slicer:", when you display the chart, above the chart labels table, there is this word "Slicer:". I found that this label is too hard coded in the program ChartComponent.java

And there is a last one that i do not find it is the alternate text when you point your mouse over the green arrows before doing drill trough, do you know where can i change that label?, the label in english is: "show source data".

Thank you for your help

Carlos Kassab

Post edited by: ckassab, at: 08/02/2006 16:54

Post edited by: ckassab, at: 08/02/2006 16:56

Hi Carlos,

>is there a way to edit a .class file to change the label? if yes, what would be that .class file i have to edit to change the Drill Through label?

As far as I know you have to modify the source an recompile that class

Sorry I can't help you with the source on preforce. I have no idea. But the source code I am using is downloaded from pentaho site.

As to the string you can't find it is in JPivot:

com/tonbeller/jpivot/table/navi/DrillThroughUI.java

Regards, Joe
    TSolucio
    Regards, Joe
    TSolucio