Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Multiworksheet Excel JasperReports patch included!

Default Multiworksheet Excel JasperReports patch included!

Hi..

This file allows to create an excel report with multiple worksheets.
    All existing actions in JasperReports should works fine after this patch.

In order to create multilple worksheet excel report you need few reports. In xaction file in "define process" section add them as resources with different names. "report-definition" name is not required anymore, but at least one resource is required here. Example:
    Code:
    <resources> 
        <report-definition> 
          <solution-file> 
            <location>Report1.jrxml</location>  
            <mime-type>text/xml</mime-type> 
          </solution-file> 
        </report-definition>  
        <report-definition2> 
          <solution-file> 
            <location>Report2.jrxml</location>  
            <mime-type>text/xml</mime-type> 
          </solution-file> 
        </report-definition2>  
      </resources>
    So nothing really change here except you could add few resources instead of only one. They will appear on final report in order you added them to resources section.
    - In XLS each of those resources will be put on separate worksheet
    - In any other (like PDF or HTML) they will be just be batched and merged into one longer report

To install this functionality replace org/pentaho/plugin/jasperreports/JasperReportsComponent.java with attached file.
    Delete old jasperreports jar from server/deafult/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib folder and put there newest JasperReports (1.2.3):
    Jar file:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/j...3.jar?download
    and a commons-javaflow*.jar file which could be extracted from lib folder from here:
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/j...t.zip?download

Hope someone will find it usefull and I'm looking forward to see it in some future Pentaho release as it would be great for me to be synchronized with your trunk.

Best regards!
    Radek http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_a...Component.java

dmoran Guest

Default Re:Multiworksheet Excel JasperReports patch included!

Radek,

Thanks for the JasperReports Component update. I included it in the last build and it is in the 1.1.7 release along with the latest JasperReports jars.

Please test it out and let me know if all is well. It may be helpful to others if you could generate a couple samples using the demo data that demonstrate how to use the new features. We can either include them with the samples or make them available to download.

Another useful feature would be detecting when the .jrxml report definition was newer than the .jasper report definition and recompiling. Let me know if you are up to it, we are not JasperReports experts. The next milestone build is July 15th and should be a release candidate.

Thanks for your help,
    Doug

Default integrating multiple sheet excel jasper report in pentaho

Hi,
    Can somebody send some example regarding how to integrate multiple sheet excel jasper report in pentaho.

thanks...
    Siladitya