Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: XY Value Range Chart.

Default XY Value Range Chart.

Hi

I am trying to draw an XY axis line chart. I wish to have both the X and Y axis to be number ranges. I have created an SQLLookup rule to extract the data points. The first column I have titled Offset and I want this to be the X axis value. The second column I have named Number_Received. I want both of the axes to be value ranges, with the points plotted on an XY graph as (Offset, Number_Received). What I am getting is the X axis as a Category set, and the Y axis as a Value Range, with 2 lines ploted. Can you tell me how to accomplish this?

Default Re:XY Value Range Chart.

I am not even as far you you since I cannot figure out the bar char or line chart drawing (lack of documentation,examples)

I have a SQL query that returns a timestamp & count that i want to plot either line chart or bar chart. eg. how many items per week/month

I can see that I need to create a dataset and then use the bar/linechartexpression functions but cannot find any help on what the properties needs to be.

The XYDatasetCollectorFunction has
    Serie Names ?
    Reset Group ?
    Domain Column ?

Since you have at least got a graph could you point me to some documentation ?

Default Re:XY Value Range Chart.

Currently the Pentaho Platform only exposes 2 chart group types from JFreeChart. The PieChart type and the Category Dataset type. The XY Chart types have yet to be implemented.

There is currently interest in this area by community contributers and progress is being made. Once these are received by Pentaho they will be validated and probably become part of the codeline.

If you would like to assist in the development of this chart type drop us a note at communityconnection@pentaho.org, and perhaps we can get you involved in the development of this package.