Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Pentaho on JBoss

Default Pentaho on JBoss

Hi All,

We have been using Pentaho for our reports. We are now planning to do an upgrade and integrate Pentaho reports inside JBoss portal. So our end goal is to display Pentaho reports, graphs, MDX Reports etc. inside JBoss portlets. Has anyone done this before? Could anyone guide me how to start this?

Thanks,
    -KKA
    Warm Regards,
    KKA

dmoran Guest

Default Re:Pentaho on JBoss

KKA,

If you are using the preconfigured install (pentaho demo) there is a link to the portal demo which is using jBoss. There is a dashboard sample that does what I think you are trying to do.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to specify two things:
    [*] When I try to get that JBoss Dashboard sample running, it looks all broken and does not have any preconfigured dashboards in it. The portal comes up but does not show any thing!
    [*] What I intend to do is create several pages in JBoss portal, each having menu portlets (will be creating XML/JSP). These menus when clicked will call other portlets which will have the reports/graphs/MDX Reports in them. Kindly let me know, if you could suggest some better options/solutions/flow.

Thus I was looking if sombody could help me in this.

Regards,
    -Keshri
    Warm Regards,
    KKA

dmoran Guest

Keshri,

What version of the demo are you running? In some of the later builds, the portal link is missing. Try:

http://localhost:8080/portal/portal/...o/%5B01%5DHome

just like it shows with the %5B... in there.

I hope this can get you started, I'm not too familiar with the portal implementation so I can't help too much on your design. As long as you are able to build and launch the correct URLs to get to your reports, your idea should work.

If it still doesn't work, give me some more specific info:
    Pentaho version, build number...
    Operating System and version....
    Are you running the PCI or deployed your own ear, if not PCI - what version of JBoss/portal etc.

Doug