Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: scheduled xaction for type cron behave strange

Default scheduled xaction for type cron behave strange

I have a xaction zcwms921.xaction, that call's a kettle transformation. This one works correct from the menu.
    I have another xaction start_all_scheduler_jobs.xaction. This xaction starts zcwms921.xaction trigger based. When the trigger is a simple trigger everything works as expected. (did not test "run now") When the trigger is of type cron, and cronstring = "0 0/5 * * * ?" (run every 5 minutes), The job is started at 7PM and the "scheduler admin" windows shows the next execution date as tomorrow 12 AM. Strange?

When i press run now in the "scheduler admin" window, the job executes, but it loops for ever, executing the xaction time by time.
    I would expect it to run just once and disappear from the "scheduler admin" window. When pressing on the delete button on the "run once", both scheduler jobs (original and run once) disappear

Default Re:scheduled xaction for type cron behave strange

Thanks for testing. The issue has been logged in JIRA (http://jira.pentaho.org:8080/jira/browse/PLATFORM-402) and has been assigned for resolution by RC 2.

Is this issue blocking an implementation or your development?

Anthony

Post edited by: adeshazor, at: 07/26/2006 12:18

Default Re:scheduled xaction for type cron behave strange

I guess RC2 is OK as long as it takes no longer than august to get it released.

I also noticed a typo in the cron string the correct string is "0 0/5 * * * ?"

Post edited by: begunrom, at: 07/27/2006 06:30