Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Dashboard sample

Default Dashboard sample

I was looking through your website and I saw the picture that is attached to this post. Can this be done?

I cannot get the filter and/or the Pivot table to be displayed on my dashboard. I have tried to use the doAction() function from the ChartHelper class as it is done in one of your dashboard example. My actions work well on their own but when I use them in my jsp page, I get the following error: SOLUTION-ENGINE:Filter.xaction: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 saying that the xaction containing the filter failed. Apperently the Pivot action is ignored.

Could someone help me with this?

I attached the .jsp file.

Default Re:Dashboard sample

here is the image I mentionned previously.

oups...

Yes, this can be accomplished. That is a screenshot of one of our samples in the Pre-Configured Installation. After installing the PCI, click on the Go menu at the top, choose the 'Portal' option, login to the portal demo with one of the sample users (Joe or Suzy), then click on the Dashboard example.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Jake

Default Pivot component in dashboard

I attempted to go through the portal as mentioned in the previous post, but all the pivot links opened in a new window rather than in the existing page. Is this a change in RC3, and is there some way to restore the previous behavior?