Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Chart properties

Default Chart properties

Hi,

I am using an xml document to set up the properties of a chart I build in a dashboard.

I feel that the tag library is limited compare to the potential of JFreeChart. For example, is it possible to decide the format of a line ?( this line is made of dash point and is blue....may be display a triangle or a star at the position of the value....etc)

Is there a documentation on this, more detailed than the Pentaho_Advanced_Reporting_Guide?

thanks

Default Re:Chart properties

Thanks for the observation. It's true that we're barely scratching the surface of what's available in JFreeChart. However, given the time and resources available, we haven't been able to find time to really bulk up those classes. Additionally, we have a couple of places where we're talking to JFreeChart - the ReportCharts package (specifically for integration into JFreeReport) and the platform charting. We haven't even had time to make sure that the features we expose in one are exposed in the other.

We happily and gratefully accept contributions from the community. If this is an area you're interested in contributing, please contact our community connection goddess (mailto:communityconnection@pentaho.org).

Thanks for your interest in the Pentaho platform!

Marc

Default Re:Chart properties

Do you plan on developping those features in a near future?