Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Design Studio and template folder location

Default Design Studio and template folder location

Hi folks,

I am trying to play with the Design Studio tutorial. Everything seems to work, but in the tutorial (creating an xaction using a burst report) the Action Sequence wizard is looking for a template to specify. However the drop down in the wizard is empty. I checked in my installation and there is a template folder and it seems to be where it belongs. There are templates in it, including the one the tutorial is looking for. However, there doens't seem to be anyway to get the drop down to populate with the list from that folder.

I checked around, looking for a place to specify file locations but I didn't see anything.

No doubt this is a silly little thing, but I hope someone will take a second and show me what's I'm doing wrong here.

Thanks

Ray

Default Re:Design Studio and template folder location

What version of the design studio are you running? At one time there was a design studio bug that prevented items in the templates directory from appearing in the pulldown list if the path to the template directory had any spaces in it. This bug was fixed quite some time ago. I just downloaded the latest 1.2 release and I'm not able to reproduce the problem you are describing. Make sure you have the latest version of the studio, and take a look inside the <eclipse-install-dir>/plugins/org.pentaho.designstudio.editors.actionsequence_x.x.x.x/templates directory and make sure that it contains some template xactions.

Default Re:Design Studio and template folder location

Thanks,

That was the problem. I thought I had the latest build, but it wasn't.

Ray