Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: My PCI 1.2 RC3 works against MySQL

Default My PCI 1.2 RC3 works against MySQL

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience of migrating PCI 1.2 RC1 against MySQL to PCI 1.2 RC3 also against MySQL. I would really appreciate any kind of feedback. Here are the followed steps:

1.- Download, install and run PCI 1.2 RC3.

2.- Then followed taking very much care my own notes still available at http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26988. You'll notice there are some new datasource files (solution1-ds......) in this RC3.

Just a couple of things:

- Although hsqldb_1_8_0_7 is available for download, I tested and gave me errors when migrating data to MySQL. Therefore, I have used hsqldb_1_8_0_5.

- In Pentaho 1.2 RC3 datasources XML files, there is an XML entry in almost all files that looks like this:

Code:
    <check-valid-connection-sql>select count(*) from system_sequences</check-valid-connection-sql>
    Well, after finishing the data transfer, changing all needed files and starting Pentaho....saw an error thrown by shark or quartz component (don't remember) saying something like "could not find system_sequences table". Therefore, I deleted from all datasource XML files that XML entry. Restarted Pentaho and voilá! Pentaho 1.2 RC3 working properly against MySQL. Could anybody explain me the real function of that XML entry?

Thanks very much in advance.

PD: Now my next goal is to deploy my custom components into this PCI I've achieved to run.

Post edited by: lonifasiko, at: 2006/12/05 07:36

Default Re:My PCI 1.2 RC3 works against MySQL

Thanks for the verification that the PCI works on MySQL. I'll attempt answer you question about the
    Code:
    <check-valid-connection-sql>select count(*) from system_sequences</check-valid-connection-sql>
    The statement is executed before a database connection is checked-out of the connection pool for use. If the statement fails, the connection is closed and a new one is opened. The statements included in the datasources in the PCI are specific to Hypersonic; they should be replaced with queries specific to the choosen RDBMS to help guard against stale connections.

Anthony

Default Re:My PCI 1.2 RC3 works against MySQL

Thanks for the verification that the PCI works on MySQL. I'll attempt answer you question about the
    Code:
    The statement is executed before a database connection is checked-out of the connection pool for use. If the statement fails, the connection is closed and a new one is opened. The statements included in the datasources in the PCI are specific to Hypersonic; they should be replaced with queries specific to the choosen RDBMS to help guard against stale connections.

Anthony