Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: xaction with 2 add job's, only adds 1 job

Default xaction with 2 add job's, only adds 1 job

I have created a xaction, with multiple "add job" process actions.
    Each "add job" has a unique name and jobname. The trigger name is the same.

When i run the "add job xaction" for the first time by using the test panel in the pentaho design studio, it only add's the first job. The second and following jobs are not added. The design studio returns "Job Scheduled -- Check Scheduler Administrator to verify status."
    I would expect to see failure messages for the second, and following job's. But they are absent. The log does show these error messages.

If you are overwriting a job with the same name, you do not get any warning. Actually are we in fact overwriting or is the job ignored? I did not check it.

Default Re:xaction with 2 add job's, only adds 1 job

It is not valid to create two triggers with the same name if you try to do this the second job will not be scheduled. If you you look in the jboss server log you should see an error message that looks something like:

SchedulerTest.xaction Couldn't store trigger: Unable to store Trigger with name: 'myTrigger' and group: 'DEFAULT', because one already exists with this identification.

This same message should also appear in the jboss console.

Post edited by: arodriguez, at: 2006/12/06 11:43

Default Re:xaction with 2 add job's, only adds 1 job

Yes you are right, the error shows up in the jboss console. But the screen showing up in the design studio, shows 1 "Job Scheduled" line, and does not mention that the other jobs have failed. I find this misleading. You are not very likely to go inspect the jboss log when you see this result.