Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: page function problem on first page

Default page function problem on first page

When I use the com.jrefinery.report.function.PageFunction in the page-header it returns 2 instead of 1 on the first page. But when I use the same function in the report-header, I get 1.
    Why?

Hi,

will be fixed ...

Have more fun,
    said Thomas

Hi,

this bug is fixed now, the fix is in the CVS.

The bug was caused by the modified ReportEvent order of JFreeReport 0.8.2. Previous version fired the ReportStartedEvent before any other event. This caused an unclean initialization of the first page, so the behaviour was altered to first fire the PageStart event. And this change finally disrupted the PageCount function ...

As solution a new report event is now fired before any other event. The reportInitialized event's only purpose is the help functions to initialize themself. This event is guaranteed to be the first event, and as this event does not cause any output, the pagestarted event is still the first event that prints a band on a page.

Thanks for that bug report, bugs in the event/state handling are always evil and in most cases they don't appear directly. They love to backstab some other functionality first ...

Have more fun,
    said Thomas