Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: JFreeChart Demo

Default JFreeChart Demo

Hi Everybody,

a new demo package has been created in the ext-package containing the first demo on how to include JFreeChart in JFreeReport. The package can be found in "org/jfree/report/ext/chartdemo" and will be included in version 0.8.4-5.

This demo uses a predefined chart and simply draws it using the drawable field. Examples for the API, Extended and Simple xml are included.

Once more support for JFreeChart is included in JFreeReport, this package will grow to reflect these changes.

Have more fun,
    said Thomas

Hi,

Nice job ... the TODO list is decreasing !!!
    How about barcode stuff ?

Bye

Hi,

ha! Decreasing. No way - for every item removed two or three new items pop up .. and the real work on the chart classes has not started, the demo just shows how to use the drawable-field to insert a precomputed chart.

The final version of the chart stuff will compute the chart data from the report data on the fly, while the chart is loaded from an xml definition file (instead of the hardcoded chart definition used at the moment).

Barcodes ... I don't even want to think about barcodes now

Have mo' fun,
    said Thomas

Hi,

ho! It's true about Chart, you have just do a demo to show how to use it in little project because many ppl want to use it and ask many times. Now they have a demo. =)

But i think about barcodes, but i need your docs/help ... as in our last mail. For exemple how to deal with factories, ...
    I don't promise you anything, but i want to start something ...

Bye

I downloaded version 0.8.4-5, but I can't find the chartdemo example. Did I not do something right?

Thanks!

Hi,

the chartdemo is in the ext-package.

Have more fun,
    said Thomas

Thank you so much for your quick response - I found it!

Have a good day!

Default chart generators

I have recently started development on a report/chart generation framework using jfreechart and jfreereport called RIVA (https://riva.dev.java.net) I would be very interested in working with any developers interested to provide a comprehensive package for real time generation of charts from report data.

source code is already available for generating pie charts and gnatt charts from a report.

Hi,I try to compile the JFreeChart Demo,but have some error.
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jfree.chart.JFreeChartInfo.setLibraries(Ljava/util/ListV

at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChartInfo.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

at org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createPie3DChart(Unknown Source)

at JFreeReportDemo.BasicJFreeChartDemo.createChart(BasicJFreeChartDemo.java:177)

at JFreeReportDemo.BasicJFreeChartDemo.<init>(BasicJFreeChartDemo.java:122)

at JFreeReportDemo.BasicJFreeChartDemo.main(BasicJFreeChartDemo.java:205)

can tell me how to fix??

Thanks.

yes, I'm running into the same problem.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jfree.chart.JFreeChartInfo.setLibraries(Ljava/util/ListV
    at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChartInfo.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.jfree.chart.JFreeChart.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at org.jfree.chart.ChartFactory.createPie3DChart(Unknown Source)
    at reportchart.BasicJFreeChartDemo.createChart(BasicJFreeChartDemo.java:176)
    at reportchart.BasicJFreeChartDemo.<init>(BasicJFreeChartDemo.java:121)
    at reportchart.Application1.<init>(Application1.java:16)
    at reportchart.Application1$1.run(Application1.java:37)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:454)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Can anyone help? Thanks!!!

Hi,

that demo still references JFreeChart 0.9.13, which is very ancient now.

To get it up and running, you will have to upgrade JFreeChart to the latest version (as JFreeChart and JFreeReport share JCommon, which changed a lot during the last year). The JFreeChart API also changed, so that some classes moved to other packages and the Pie3DPlot is now called PiePlot3D.

If you already have a chart up and running, you can also replace the chart from the demo with your chart, as the demo only shows that JFreeChart implements the org.jfree.ui.Drawable interface and that JFreeReport is able to render such Drawable-objects.

Have mo' fun,
    said Thomas

Default Re: chart generators

Quote Originally Posted by wireframe
    I have recently started development on a report/chart generation framework using jfreechart and jfreereport called RIVA (https://riva.dev.java.net) I would be very interested in working with any developers interested to provide a comprehensive package for real time generation of charts from report data.

source code is already available for generating pie charts and gnatt charts from a report.

Default JFreeChart Demo

HI,

I am trying to find demo for inserting/displaying jfreechart in jfreereport.

I have a jfreeChart and JfreeReport. Now my aim is to make a single PDF which contain both of them.

Does any body have any idea how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    MG

Hi,

you should give a try to the demos located in the JFreeReport-Ext package. There is one which handle a JFreeChart Object.
    May the Moo force be with you,
    Said Mimil

A student of JFree & Pentaho Academies,
    Cedric Pronzato

Default Jfree report and Jfree chart

The chartdemo does not seem to be in your latest download under "org/jfree/report/ext/chartdemo" can one download the older files or could you tell me where to find the chartdemo.

Thanks

Hi,

the ext-package is an extra download. It is not included in the one labeled "jfreereport-0.8.x-x.zip".

It can be downloaded from either www.jfree.org or sourceforge:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/j...5.zip?download

The core and the ext-package must be of the same version, or funny things may happen.

Regards,
    Thomas

Hi,

the ext-package is a spearate download. The package 'org.jfree.report.ext.chartdemo' is contained in the 'jfreereport-ext-0.8.6-6.tar.gz' and 'jfreereport-ext-0.8.6-6.zip' files.

Regards,
    Thomas