Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: HELP...

Default HELP...

I've been trying to get mondrian working on Linux (SuSE 8.0) for 3 days now. I redid all the setup scripts to be shell files instead of windows .bat.. but I'm not getting very far.. everything throws errors. The compile is fine, but testing gives me this error:
    ----
    test:
    test-dbms:
    [java] .E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E.E......E.E.
    [java] mondrian.resource.ChainableRuntimeException: Internal error: while parsing catalog
    file://usr/local/apps/mondrian/mondrian-0.5/dem
    o/FoodMart.xml
    [java] at mondrian.olap.MondrianResource.newInternal(MondrianResource.java:45)
    [.... and lots of errors from here on in.
    also I am cannot run the webapps. I get errors such as
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: mondrian/olap/SchemaReader (from testpage.jsp)
    and
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Internal error: while creating RolapSchema (pivot.jsp)
    etc...
    Please tell me that someone has got this working and can help? (I've tried with mysql and oracle9i.. with the same problems.. )
    (I made sure to get all versions as noted on the website... as follows)
    tomcat 4.1.18
    mondrian -0.5 (data.. from website)
    junit 3.7
    xalan 2.4.1
    ant 1.5
    jpivot 0.9.1
    java jdk 1.4
    --------------------
    .. any ideas???
    -Ati

Default ... maybe a better question...

Just wonderin if it might be mondrian 0.5 thats giving me all the hassles? (compiled from source). Could someone just list the steps THEY took to get a working version? (what software version, settings etc..)... If I can duplicate that (preferrably mssql or oracle...) then things should be ok... I hope... maybe )
    -Ati

Default RE: ... maybe a better question...

Ati,
    I have been using Mondrian 0.5 for some time now. I compiled it on Windows, but I didn't use the scripts, I just ran the Ant build.xml from IntelliJ. So I guess it should work the same on Linux.
    Alex