Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: virtual cube issue

Default virtual cube issue

Hi,
    In a virtual cube containing two measures coming from two cubes, a shared dimension and some dimensions coming from only one cube.
    When I execute a query using only the shared dimension and returning the two measures, everything is fine.
    But when I execute a query using the shared dimension and one dimension of the first cube, the measure coming from the second cube
    is always null. I understand that since the second measure is independant of the added dimension, the result cannot be computed and is null
    but is there a way to make mondrian simply ignore the non dependant dimensions and return a result based only on dependant dimensions available in the query ?
    thanks for this great tool.
    Manu

Default RE: virtual cube issue

This is the specified behavior of MDX, so we have to work that way.
    If you own "Mdx solutions", by George Spofford, take a look at chapter 11. It deals with some of these issues. One of his suggestions is to create calculated measures: you might try the same thing.
    Mondrian does not currently support either hidden members in a calculated cube, or calculated members in a virtual cube, but you should be able to make some progress anyway.

Recalling the old post..

Any further details to figure out the workaround for such cases??

Thanks,
    Sujen