Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: XMLA DataSources Configuration help

  1. #1

    Default XMLA DataSources Configuration help

    I have mondrian 2.2.2 running on tomcat 5.5 on winxp.
    If I browse to
    http://localhost:8080/mondrian/xmla
    with the DataSourcesConfig=datasources.xml, I get the following error:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet MondrianXmlaServlet threw exception
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    root cause
    mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: invalid URL path 'datasources.xml'
    mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:855)
    mondrian.olap.Util.newInternal(Util.java:954)
    mondrian.olap.Util.newError(Util.java:970)
    mondrian.xmla.XmlaServlet.makeDataSources(XmlaServlet.java:496)
    mondrian.xmla.XmlaServlet.init(XmlaServlet.java:109)
    mondrian.xmla.impl.DefaultXmlaServlet.init(DefaultXmlaServlet.java:64)
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
    org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I have tried entering the the path C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\mondrian\WEB-INF\datasources.xml as DataSourcesConfig, but then I get this error:HTTP Status 405 - HTTP method GET is not supported by this URL
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Ben

  2. #2

    Default RE: XMLA DataSources Configuration help

    "method GET is not supported by this URL" is always displayed if you try to hit mondrian/xmla in your browser. instead you must post from an XML/A client, for example, the mondrian xmla test form.

  3. #3

    Default RE: XMLA DataSources Configuration help

    Sam,
    Thanks for clearing that up. I can't however get the xmlaTest page to work. It returns the following error:
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: -1
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:393)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    root cause
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    org.apache.jsp.xmlaTest_jsp._jspService(xmlaTest_jsp.java:124)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    I have also tried connecting to mondrian using another xmla client which returns an error saying 'Object Required'.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Ben

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18

    Unhappy Same problem

    I have the same problem.

    I had it configurated with mondrian 2.0.1 and worked OK.

    I'm totally lost!

    Pedrix

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18

    Default Solved XMLA

    I've finally found the problem.

    In my XMLA client I had the wrong version of mondrian.jar

    I've updated it and now works OK

    Pedro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Privacy Policy | Legal Notices | Safe Harbor Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Hitachi Vantara Corporation. All Rights Reserved.