Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: java mail exception due to authentication when using mail SMTP

Default java mail exception due to authentication when using mail SMTP

Hi ,
    This is the error when am sending a mail based on job steps : steps exceute fine but the mail send operation fails with following error:

ERROR : Problem while sending message: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed;
    nested exception is:
    class javax.mail.MessagingException: 530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/bizmail/pop/pop-11.html

I have checked the the above yahoo.bizmail page for help.as i understand authnetication can be set to only listed programs below

"
    The Yahoo! Business Email SMTP server requires authentication. To learn how to configure your email client, please choose from the following programs:

Outlook 2002 (XP) and 2003
    Outlook 98 and 2000
    Microsoft Outlook Express
    Microsoft Outlook Express for Macintosh
    Eudora 5.1 and higher
    Netscape Mail: all versions
    IncrediMail Build 618 and higher
    Entourage 2001 and higher

If your program and version are not listed above, you may have trouble connecting to the Yahoo! Mail SMTP servers. Yahoo! does not support other programs and versions.

"

i have configured my outlook to SMTP authentication for bizmail.yahoo, but how to authenticate the mail process from kettle?

Thanks,
    sam

Default RE: java mail exception due to authentication when using mail SMTP

Sam,

Authentication is not yet supported but will be done sooner or later when we get round to it.

All the best,

Matt

Hi Matt

Did you prioritize this feature already? I think it's very important feature as most smtp servers use authentication.

best regards
    Radek

It's in since this morning, let us know if it works as I don't have any such authorisable SMTP account thingy.

Thanks,

Matt

I am using a GMail account that I set up for Pentaho (since they favor it). I am trying to use authentication to send mail via that account and it does not seem to work. I think part of the issue may be that they use a non-standard port (587). Any thoughts?

just for reference, its smtp.gmail.com

Thanks
    Matt

I too had same problem accessing the gmail and i resolved it by changing a permission in the account setting to allow "less secure apps" to connect and then the problem will be solved.