Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: RSS feed by forum group

Default RSS feed by forum group

Hi,

I know that the rss feed subscription to indivudal forums is a new feature. But did that feature come at the expense of the aggregated rss feeds?

Let's say I want to see all new messages of all forums within the General Forums group. If I subscribe to the feed of the Generals Forums group they are not shown. Do I really have to subscribe to each forum individually?

Best regards,
    Ingo

gmoran Guest

Hi Ingo,

I put that RSS page together rather quickly, and did not test the categories, I am sorry for the frustration. I will fix those URLs and explain the forum feed aggregation in the RSS page shortly. I will post back here when the page is updated.

kind regards,
    -G

gmoran Guest

I have fixed the URLs at the category level so they are now correct. I also added instructions that tell you how to build an RSS URL specifying just those forums that you want to see, regardless of categorization. You can find the page at http://community.pentaho.org/forumrss/ .

kind regards,
    -G

Hello Gretchen,

many thanks!!!

Best regards,
    Ingo

Hi Gretchen,

maybe you should add the hint, that the RSS1 and RSS2 types contain the post contents, while the plain RSS does not.

Having the post contents is a minimum for me to render feeds usable, as I can peek into the new stuff without having to open a browser. This way, it is much faster (and less interrupting) to browse through the posts ..

Have fun,
    said Thomas