Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to configure pentaho inside JBoss2.4 portal server

Lightbulb how to configure pentaho inside JBoss2.4 portal server

i want to configure pentaho inside Jboss portal server.Since i didn`t have any relevant user guide for it.i need suggestions from u pals.Let me know whether it`s possible or not.if so the user guide for the same.Its urgent plz help me out guys.

regards
    Saravanan G
    Last edited by ganeshsrvnn; 12-13-2006 at 08:00 AM.

Cool Get it working then upgrade to 2.4 portal

Hi Saravanan -
    I would suggest that you work on getting the PCI working how you want first and then check out http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.4/...changelog.html on how to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.4 portal. Just my 2 cents.

Darrin

Exclamation Fine disney

well its working good when deployed without pentaho configured and me too using the latest version of jboss2.4 portal server.i need the docs for configuring pentaho inside jboss portal server(like placing pentaho.war inside the deploy folder).let it be specific friends.

ganeshsrvnn,

I think some clearifation is in order. When you say configure pentaho do you mean like "customize it" where it fits your look and feel.. Or is it more like you already have a jboss portal running and what to intergate pentaho in there.

There are both possible. You'll need to check out some of the different parts of the portal. In the src you can find example portlets that you can use in the portlet definition process as well you can follow the portlet adding procedure from jboss portal. but besure to define you portal pages in the port-object file.

I know I have some posts around here talking about building the portlets from the supplied portlet containers.

I'm not really sure what your looking for and you might be looking in the wrong spot.

If you could outline your use case a bit so it's not so vage.

Happy pentaho-ing

Nic
    Try not to have too much fun.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    That guy who shows up here
    and there

Exclamation about pentaho configuration

I`ve alredy got my portal server configured with pentaho.the problem is to integrate the BI suite inside my portal so that every tool of pentaho can be used effectively.i want to customize pentahotools according to my application.Since my application is embeddded inside the portal i don`t know how to bring ETTL inside it.Need immediate suggestions plz.

oh it's just to intergrate kettle?
    pretty much look at the quartz jobs. I beleive there should a be a sample that demostrators how to "schedule" a kettle transaction or job by defined files. which can be easily changed to look at the repository to get the jobs or transactions.

Is that what your needing to do use kettle for the ETTL process so it's controlled by your application? you can also set cron jobs to run with pan and kitchen but what fun is cron when you have quartz embeded into pentaho.

I hope I'm answering your question. If not then which parts of the pentaho tools are you wanting to embed.

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Exclamation About Kettle

that`s very fine.I need technical instructions regarding kettle configuration inside pentaho.i hope u`ll do it i.e the user manual.

How can we integrate Pentaho Open Source BI Tool into ASP.NET Applications?

This is assuming you already know how to use spoon, pan, chef, and kitchen.
    and you have looked at:
    http://community.pentaho.org/techtip/
    http://community.pentaho.org/techtip...o_solution.php

I would look here. For a basic working example.
    pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions\samples\etl

Probably a good base line on how to call a kettle process.

Then look into scheduling those xactions.
    The design studio helps greatly here.
    Just add a scheduler action to the xaction and fill in the blanks.
    where is a working example.
    pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions\samples\bursting\schedule-burst.xaction

That way you can also burst out a report of a failed transaction or transfermation Statistics.

This what you are looking for?
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there