Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Crystal Reports in Pentaho

Default Crystal Reports in Pentaho

I have a requirement to support reports built using Crystal Reports which need to be severed in BI solution using Pentaho framework. Do Crystal reports have similar integration points as Jasper?

However I didn’t see any reference to Crystal Reports on Pentaho website.

Thanks,
    Subbu

Subbu-

We do not have Crystal Reports software in house at Pentaho and we wouldn't be able to distribute a working version of Pentaho which uses Crystal software, but it would be possible for us to provide a compiled version of a "CrystalReportComponent" which could link against Crystal Reports libraries.

To easily integrate your Crystal Reporting with Pentaho I would suggest that you study the JasperReportComponent and the BIRTReportComponent as these are fairly simplistic for normal usage. You, or someone else, can then develop a component that can serve Crystal Reports in the Pentaho platform.

This would be a great contribution from our community if there is any interest out there. I can provide some assistance with the platform integration, but again, we do not have any Crystal Reports software to develop and test against.

-Mike

Hi!

We are also interested in integrating Crystal Reports in Pentaho.
    When we start developing I'll be here more often. Hope to find some good news!

Nuno

Hi,

Has anybody worked in this direction..of integrating crystal reports with mondrian engine..or got any work around for it?

Thanks
    AJ.

+1 here, would be great for migration from other reporting platforms but still maintain existing (already invested) reporting tools and training.

Hi!...

Has been any development about Crystal Reports in Pentaho?....

someone has ever created this CrystalReportComponent?

Thanks
    Carlos E. Garcia
    BI Analyst
    www.sapian.com.co

nope but i do remember doug saying if a community member did it, he'd make it worth their while, maybe you'll get a kiss or something
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

perhaps another community member has already got a kiss!!!...

Thanks bugg_tb
    Carlos E. Garcia
    BI Analyst
    www.sapian.com.co