Default Encoding problems are back

May the Moo force be with you,
    Said Mimil

A student of JFree & Pentaho Academies,
    Cedric Pronzato

gmoran Guest

Default Need more info

Hi Mimil,

I need more info on the problem you are seeing, since the two links you referred to dispaly the extended characters fine when I view them in IE6 and Firefox. Can you please send an exasmple post and detail exactly the encoding issue you are reporting?

Default Not exactly same encoding problem

Hi Gretchen,

well it is not exactly the same problem as before and it is perhaps not an encoding problem, I am not expert on this field but I have not changed my configuration. Look at the attachments to see what is my problems.
    firefox2.jpg is from http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=50374 and '?*' should be '
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Said Mimil

Cedric Pronzato

gmoran Guest

Very strange, and very interesting... I see the same posts with the extended characters correctly - oh goody, a mystery !

Mimil, what language setting are using in your browser? Maybe I can reproduce your problem that way ?

I am firefox 2.0.0.1 with fr language (not fr-FR).
    I am ie7 7.0.5744 with fr-FR language.

(running MS Vista)
    Said Mimil

Cedric Pronzato

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=25593

On this thread, I have to switch the Page-Encoding to ISO-8859-15 to see everything correctly. (The default seems to be UTF-8).

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=50374

This thread is displayed ok with UTF-8 and looks funny with ISO-8859-15.

As the first thread has been created before the forum was switched over to UTF, I'd guess that the posting in the Database has not been touched yet and thus it is still ISO-8859-15 encoded. Mimi, create a new posting and test what happens there. (You can see the Encoding in Firefox "View->Character Encoding").

Have fun,
    said Thomas

(If nothing helps, we have to start reeducating all french users to use a language with less funny dots and strokes on top of the characters )

Well, I think it was working one or two weeks ago (I have no proof).
    I have tested it on this thread but German seems to not be able to read correctly and fully a post (do not attack me). This page is UTF-8 and agrave character is not understood.
    Oh my god, thanx to Pentaho the war between French and German has restarted an other time!
    Said Mimil

Cedric Pronzato