Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Commercial Support

Default Commercial Support

Hi, I asked for prices for commercial support on Jan 19, 2007, to sales@pentaho.org and so far, did not get any asnwer.
    Can somebody help me with this information?
    Thanks in advance
    Ale

Default How to contact Pentaho Sales

Helo Ale,

Sorry to hear that. Please try sending again, and cc dmohr @ pentaho.org (with no spaces).

Jonathan Seper

Quote Originally Posted by awi View Post
    Hi, I asked for prices for commercial support on Jan 19, 2007, to sales@pentaho.org and so far, did not get any asnwer.
    Can somebody help me with this information?
    Thanks in advance
    Ale
    Did you ever get a suitable answer? I have tried contacting Pentaho multiple times since the beginning of Dec in order to clarify what would be appropriate for my licensing (OEM in non OSS product) and needs (mostly analysis/reporting).

I wound up with a brief contact in Dec which after hearing my needs never followed up with the clarification of the licensing that was promised. After multiple follow ups without response I was finally contacted again by someone in mid Jan and basically had the same result repeated. During this entire time I was getting regular calls from a JasperSoft rep, but had on initial evaluation ranked Pentaho higher in my selection process and wanted to pursue it in more depth. I still am not completely clear on the best fit of Pentho's licensing, subscriptions, services, etc for my needs. I am not sure I care anymore since I have now fallen back to taking a deeper look and POC with Jasper instead.

At this point it seems like in this space the best option for many cases might be to just try roll your own from OSS projects (Mondrian, JPivot, etc) since Pentaho doesn't seem to ensure an additional level of reliable value add. While I am working with JasperSoft at the moment since we really wanted some commercial backing to provide reliable specialized development and support resources for this functionality I am also hoping to be able to look into pure OSS with consulting options such as SpagoBI.

I would be interested in hearing others experiences.

Question Use of Pentaho in non-FOSS Projects

I would also like to know if it is possible to use Pentaho as part of a paid-for solution. I do not want to link any of the pentaho code into my software, I just want to install it on my client's server as part of a complete solution that I am providing for a fee. Anyone know if this is OK or if I it will come back to haunt me?

Thanks.

Default Support pricing

I haven't got any response from mailing Pentaho sales. Can somebody please provide an official mail address to check about support pricing?

dmohr Guest

Default OEM/ISV Requests - where to direct them

All,
    Thank you for your interests in discussing a strategic partnership with Pentaho. To expedite getting to the appropriate individual, please feel free to send an email to: ssickler@pentaho.org . Shawn is the Director of the Channel program.

I believe the above individuals are now in direct contact with Pentaho Sales, and are moving along.

Sincerely,
    Daviid Mohr
    Sales Director
    dmohr@pentaho.org

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,