Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Field list dropdown in expression not working

Exclamation Field list dropdown in expression not working

Hi all,

(Cube designer 2.2, Win XP, JRE 1.5.0_10 & JRE 1.6.0, Jaybird for firebird 1.5.3)

Good job! 1 problem though

When trying to use the field dropdown list to select a field in the where expression designer tab, the dropdown list flashes quickly and then closes up without letting me select any field.

Note that I've tried to run the Cube Designer on both JRE 1.5.0_10 and JRE 1.6.0, and none of them solved the problem.

Also, I think it would be better if we could edit the SQL source manually (no problem if we won't be able to use the designer in this case).

Any hints?

I am getting the same thing, using a PostgreSQL 8.1 connection and Cube Designer running on Windows XP. The Cube Designer version is 0.7. Note that the broken "browse" dropdown and table selector only happens with Postgres. If I select a MySQL connection it is fine.

Default Dropdown list error

Same problem on dropdown list for query creation (closes up too fast, no way to link two tables). Win2K win JDK 1.6.0 & Cube Designer 0.7

Pentaho guys, is this CubeDesigner supposed to work with PostgreSQL or not?

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMonkey View Post
    Hi all,

(Cube designer 2.2, Win XP, JRE 1.5.0_10 & JRE 1.6.0, Jaybird for firebird 1.5.3)
    cube designer 2.2? I only see version 0.7 on the download latest tab.... am I missing something?

The Cube Designer has been tested with Postgres and should work. I have seen the combo box problem come up when there is a mismatch between the JDBC driver and the version of the Postgres server you are using. Any chance this could be the root of your problem?

If you are pretty confident that the drivers are correct, try running the Cube Designer with the command window open to see if any errors come up. To do this:

1) create a shortcut to Cube Designer exe
    2) Modify the Target to look like C:\path\CubeDesigner.exe -vm C:\Sun\SDK\jdk\bin\java.exe

Use the shortcut to launch the designer and you should see the cmd window appear.

Note: We will be posting a new build of the designer in a couple of weeks that contains a number of bug fixes. I would love to get your feedback on that as well once it is available.

Thanks,
    Jake

Hello everybody I'm having the same problem with the combo box. Im using version: 0.7.2 (MILESTONE) and MySql. Did someone found a solution?

Thanks in advance

--Edit--
    problem solved downgraded to JDK1.5
    Last edited by ricarce66; 06-17-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ricarce66 View Post
    problem solved downgraded to JDK1.5

I can confirm the problem here, and a downgrade also worked. (actually, I had to mess with my JAVA_HOME files, which was kind of annoying)

Would be great to have this solved.

Thanks