Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: long code string test

Default long code string test

"I/wonder/howl/ong/this/will/get/before/it/decides/to/wrap/or/will/it/go/on/forever/mondrian/lib/mondrian.jar:/mondrian/lib/log4j-1.2.9.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-xom.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-resgen.jar:/mondrian/lib/eigenbase-properties.jar:/usr/local/mysql/mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar"

phart Guest

Code:
    some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-some-really-long-hyphenated-string-that-goes-on-and-on-
    so it seems that if we wrap things in code tags, the problem would be solved. I could implement this on the pages that have coded examples as well.

If you edit your post to encase it in a code tag, I bet it would shrink back down.
    Last edited by phart; 02-09-2007 at 10:49 AM.

Hi,

It is partialy solved I guess. I mean, the right behaviour would be to have the pentaho layout constant while using CODE tags.
    Currently it expand the pentaho layout to a defined size (don't know where is defined or be constrainted) so there is both behaviours: pentaho layout is expanded and the CODE tag also have horizontal bar.
    May the Moo force be with you,
    Said Mimil

A student of JFree & Pentaho Academies,
    Cedric Pronzato

phart Guest

If Wes' post wasnt a mile wide, the div with the code and scrollbar would conform to the layout.