Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Publish a report to server

Default Publish a report to server

Hello,

Can anyone please let me know, how do I publish a pentaho report to a JBoss server? I have created the report, but I am not able to publish it. Can anyone just give me some information on what I need to do, in order to publish the report on the JBoss server?

Thanks a lot,
    Mohan Rao.

I believe you mean publish to the Pentaho server (which uses JBoss). To publish a report, you have to use the following Pentaho applications together:

1. Report Designer 1.2 RC1 or Report Design Wizard 1.2
    2. Pentaho Open BI Suite 1.2 (http://sourceforge.net/project/downl....0.534-GA.zip).

Here is a general summary on how to do it:

1. Go to the <pentaho>/pentaho-solution/system folder and enter your publish password into the publisher-config.xml

<publisher-config>

<publisher-password>{enter password here}</publisher-password>

</publisher-config>

2. Launch the Pentaho
    BI Suite server (start_pentaho.bat or .sh)
    3. Launch the Report Designer or Report Design Wizard
    4. Create your report.
    5. In the Report Design or Wizard, File | Publish or File Publish to Server,
    6. Enter your server location (http://localhost:8080/pentaho/RepositoryFilePublisher)
    7. Enter the name.
    8. For now, leave the publish location as /samples/reporting.
    9. Enter your publish password. No need to fill in the Server UserID and Password (this is only for the Subscription build).
    10. Select Ok.
    11. To view the report on the server, goto http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Naviga...orting&action=

Regards,

Kurtis

Hello, I followed your procedure, but it requests me userID and password.

How can I enter a new user into JBoss Server?

thank u

Ditto, I have the same problem. I've set a password in publisher_config.xml, yet I still receive an error when attempting to publish a report via the Report Designer.

In addition to setting the password in publisher_config.xml and supplying that value when publishing from Report Designer, I needed to insert a valid Server UserID and Password (i.e. 'joe'/
    'password'). I don't know if at some point the Server UserID and Password were not needed to publish from Report Designer. With Designer version 1.6.0 and BI Server 1.60 (non-subscription), I could only get a report to successfully publish by inserting a valid Server UserID and Password.

When i publish a report on my localhost server it works, But when i going to publish it on some Remote Server then i gives me error: publish error: verify passwords and server is running.

I have checked publisher password, userid and password, and also server. all things are working fine. Also in web publish url, i have replaced localhost with my remote server.

Thanks
    Ali

In publisher_config.xml it says it expects the md5 hash version of the password so make sure your not just entering your plain text password.

for a remote server u ve to change start script also.

replace in start-pentaho.sh

start_jboss() {
    if [ $JBOSS_ENABLED -eq 1 ]; then
    if [ -f promptuser.sh ]; then
    sh promptuser.sh
    fi
    if [ "$?" = 0 ]; then
    /home/manager/pentaho/bi-server/jboss/bin/run.sh -b &
    fi
    fi
    }

with