Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: publish xaction file on tomcat

Default publish xaction file on tomcat

hiii

I have created a cube using Pentaho Cube Designer. I want to publish it to tomcat and don't see any options to do it. If I have the cube as an xml file, is there a way to publish it to the tomcat? Any help or idea is highly appreciated. Thanks. if i want to publish it manually on jboss, what steps i need to follow.........

Pls. help me.........

Thanks in Advance

The Cube Designer generates three files:
    .xaction - sample JPivot view for testing the cube
    .properties - localization file for the sample .xaction
    .mondrian.xml - the Mondrian Cube Schema file

The publish feature on step 6 will only publish to a Pentaho BI Server. If you have the Pentaho Server deployed in Tomcat, you should be able to publish by supplying the correct Web Publish URL. If you are having difficulty publishing, make sure you have your publisher password set in \pentaho-solutions\system\publisher_config.xml. If you just want the schema itself, you can copy and paste the definition from the 'View XML' window and save the schema anywhere you like.

Hope this helps,
    Jake

hii Jake,

Thanks 4 ur reply, and it's working. but i want to know, how can i publish xml, xaction and properties file manually on JBoss or Tomcat. That means without supporting Pentaho Cube Desigern. Assume i create xml, xaction and property file manually, then i run tomcat or Jboss server and then publish these file on my server.

I want to do so bcoz Pentaho Cube Designer is not working with MS SQL Server 2005. The step 3 of cuber designer doesn't show tables. if u check the forum, u will get so many question on step 3 of cuber designer.

so can u tell me how to publish these files manually on tomcat or jboss. if u able to send codes, pls send it to me. or want to give any idea to do so....

waiting 4 ur reply......

With Regards