Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Server userid

Default Server userid

Hallo,

I hava done all the steps until publishing. I defined the Published password, but...Where is the Server Userid and the Server password defined?in which xml file Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by 54095707 View Post
    Hallo,

I hava done all the steps until publishing. I defined the Published password, but...Where is the Server Userid and the Server password defined?in which xml file Thank you
    It is the user login name and password of the server that is hosting the Pentaho deployment. For example, I host it under a user named 'Pentaho' in a Linux server so I just typed 'Pentaho' as the userid and the relevant password.

It works just fine. Hope that helps.

I don't know what you mean. Could i check somewhere this serverid and its password? Thank you

Hi 54095707,

if i'm not wrong it is sufficient to know only password for publication, you can check publisher_config.xml in directory pentaho-solutions\system.
    Or may be it is not quite correct and excuse please my bad english!!!!!!!! It is possible to look for such files using key words.....

Regards,

Hallo

I have checke the publish password and it is correct. My problem is just the Server userid and its password. I have tried to write nothing on them but also doesnt work. Dont worry for your english. It is perfect!!

Ig 54095707

Hi,

not perfect solution is allways to save your sequence and than copy these files manually in place you need, it is better than nothing!!!

The publish password is defined in publisher_config.xml in directory pentaho-solutions\system as described earlier in this thread. The server userid and password are only necessary if you are using a version of the platform that includes security. If you are using the open source, generally available versions of the platform (1.2.0, 1.2.1), then you will not need to supply the server userid and password. If you are using a subscription/professional version of 1.2.0 or 1.2.1 OR you have downloaded one of the 1.5.x milestone releases, you will need to specify a valid server userid and password.

The easiest way to tell if you are working with a version that includes security is if you have a login page or not when accessing the pre-configured installation. If you have this, try using the following credentials when publishing:

Server userid = joe
    Server password = password

Regards,
    Jake

Hi

I am using pentaho_demo-1.5.2.625-0 as preconfigured installation. I have tried your Userid and password but also doesnt work. You say in your mail that i have to specify valid server userid and password. How could i do this? Sorry If I have not understood you.

Regards..

Hello,

You should try
    joe as UserId and password as password

This is one of the default users defined for the portal.

Regards,
    /JS

Quote Originally Posted by 54095707 View Post
    Hi

I am using pentaho_demo-1.5.2.625-0 as preconfigured installation. I have tried your Userid and password but also doesnt work. You say in your mail that i have to specify valid server userid and password. How could i do this? Sorry If I have not understood you.

Regards..

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem.

I have added password in publisher_config.xml with this:

<publisher-config>
    <publisher-password>admin</publisher-password>
    </publisher-config>

Then I restart my Pentaho BI Server.

Then I try to publish my cube schema, I got this message:

Publish failed. Verify your login and publish password and make sure your Pentaho BI Server is running.

Please advice.

Thanks

did you try using 'joe' and 'password' for the Server user ID and server password?

Yes, and it was success for the first time. But when I do another schema, it gave me publish failed.

regards