Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: help: Pb with connection

Default help: Pb with connection

hi,

when i publish my report, i have this Pb when i want to show it using pentaho demo:

Erreur : SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - [fr_258] Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Debug : [fr_21] Starting execute of samples/reporting/JFreeReport-WizardReport.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug : [fr_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug : [fr_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug : SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - [fr_35] getFile path=C:\Pentaho\pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions\samples\reporting\JFreeReport-WizardReport.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug : [fr_23] Adding variable source request to parameter output-type (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug : [fr_17] Adding default value of "pdf" to parameter output-type (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug : [fr_23] Adding variable source response to parameter report (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug : [fr_34] audit: instanceId=2e6d804f-e9d7-11db-a7bc-c50de72a252e, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    [fr_14] Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - [fr_1] Database connection could not be established to: test1 - org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Failed to register driver for: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Failed to register driver for: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver))) (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Erreur : SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - [fr_258] Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Erreur : RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [fr_33] ActionDefinition for SQLLookupRule did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Erreur : SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - [fr_27] Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

thank you.

do you use standard data source or your own?

Burried deep inside your error message:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Are you sure that you have the driver jar added to your classpath (or to the lib directory inside your deployed web-application)?
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

yes i use my database (mysql), and i use pentaho-report-design-wizard-1.2.0.373.GA with pentaho-demo.

H a b i b