Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Can't view cubes from new Cube Designer

Default Can't view cubes from new Cube Designer

I have been unable to view any of the cubes I have generated with the new Cube Designer. I have a hand edited cube that works with my olap_285 data source. But when I try to use the xaction and cube generated by the cube designer, I get the following error:
    Quadrant Headcount Actual and Budget
    This page cannot be accessed directly. It must be linked to from other pages

when I load http://folkerts.xxxxxx.com:8080/pent...n=sat3.xaction.

The error message is:
    13:29:02,253 INFO [SolutionRepository] Solution Repository name not defined in
    Pentaho.xml node solution-repository/db-repository-name
    13:29:02,253 INFO [SolutionRepository] Using solution name: null
    13:29:02,363 ERROR [SolutionRepository] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY:SOLREPO.ERROR_0006 -
    Resource not found: /pentaho-solutions/285/Modrian/sat3.mondrian.xml
    13:29:02,363 ERROR [[GetMondrianModel]] Servlet.service() for servlet GetMondria
    nModel threw exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.pentaho.ui.servlet.GetMondrianModel.doPost(GetMondrianModel.java:
    92)
    at org.pentaho.ui.servlet.GetMondrianModel.doGet(GetMondrianModel.java:4
    1)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
    icationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
    ilterChain.java:173)

The only manual edit to the mondrian definition was to change the case of the nameColumn from DESCRIPTION to description.

I'm running the web server under j2sdk1.4.2_13, but the Cube Designer is running under a java 1.5 virtual machine.

Any ideas as to why the new Designer isn't working? I do like the improvements in the UI and I can build multi-dimensional cubes :-)

------------------------------

I'm not able to publish directly from the Cube Designer, so I'm copying the generated files into my solution. When I try to publish, I'm still using the 'Joe' user account from the demo. I have set the publish password in pentaho-solutions/system/publisher_config.xml. But when I hit the publish button, I get:

13:19:20,976 INFO [SolutionRepository] Solution Repository name not defined in
    Pentaho.xml node solution-repository/db-repository-name
    13:19:20,976 INFO [SolutionRepository] Using solution name: null
    13:19:21,022 INFO [ProRuntimeContext] 7fe100ca-e9eb-11db-9bb4-47ec0f318558:RUNT
    IME:context-2921582-1176488360960:session-region-list.xaction Output of "respons
    e" was present but output handler was null.
    13:19:21,054 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to ge
    t a new connection: null
    org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested
    throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: User not found: PENTAHO_USER)
    at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.c
    reateManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:177)
    at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.cr
    eateConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:539)
    at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.ge
    tConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:228)
    Attached Files Attached Files

wgorman Guest

Try refreshing the solution repository. Go to the Admin page from the main menu and click "Update Solution Repository". If that doesn't work, make sure your sat3.mondrian.xml file is in the correct directory:

/pentaho-solutions/285/Modrian/sat3.mondrian.xml

Will

Will, thanks for the reply. I did try refreshing the repository, but I neglected to write it into my description of my actions. I have been able to use Cube Designer 0.7.0 successfully, but 0.7.2 isn't working for me. It's driving me crazy because the XML is well formed and it appears to be valid (and just like what I had from 0.7.0). So I Don't know what I messed up.

wgorman Guest

I took your files and put them into my solutions, in the directory

/pentaho-solutions/285/Modrian

And I can't reproduce your error. I got errors out of Mondrian because the tables don't exist, but it works fine up to that point for me. What version of the BI Platform are you using?

Will

I'm running :
    j2sdk 1.4.2_13 (with -server option)
    jboss 4.0.4.GA
    pentaho-professional 1.2.0.562-GA

I'm running the Cube Designer under at 1.5 JRE.

wgorman Guest

I just tried the action sequence in 1.2, with no problems other than the table not found error:
    Code:
    11:28:05,030 INFO  [STDOUT] Segment.load: executing sql [select count("sales_action_facts"."action_guid") as "m0" from "sales_action_facts" as "sales_action_facts"]
    11:28:05,031 INFO  [STDOUT] , failed (java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement [select count("sales_action_facts"."action_guid") as "m0" from "sales_action_facts"])
    I would double check the names of the directories and go over everything. I noticed in your initial error log that you've miss spelled Mondrian. Also, you may want to try and restart the server. Because the files you posted work for me, I'm guessing the problem isn't related to the Cube Designer.

Will

Red face Thanks Will !

ACK .. that was it, I'm a [sic] speler. Thanks so much, it was one of those stupid errors that I simply overlooked. With that corrected, I'm off and running with new hypercubes from the designer.