Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Page cannot be accessed directly

Default This Page cannot be accessed directly

Dears friends,
    I had a lot of problems with cube designer 0.7.0, but many theses problems were fixed with milestone 2.
    But now I´m in problem again. New problems.

I did a very simple cube, following step-by-step the designer cube user guide, but when try to preview in cube designer or after the publishing, I try to access the cube in Pentaho PCI, I got always the same message:
    Quadrant Headcount Actual and Budget
    This page cannot be accessed directly. It must be linked to from other pages

Please, I need to solve this issue urgently.
    Jake, where are you? Help us, please.

Unhappy

hi Pentaho_hjcruz!
    i hava the same probleme !!!!
    Quadrant Headcount Actual and Budget
    This page cannot be accessed directly. It must be linked to from other pages

please if you got the solution tel me how.

I have seen that message before when I forgot to put my JDBC driver into the Pentaho Server. Make sure you put your JDBC driver into the ..\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\lib directory.

The 'Create JBoss Datasource' checkbox on the publish dialog will properly configure the JNDI connection on the server, but it does not transfer over the JDBC driver (nor would you want it to).

HTH,

Jake

Default YES !!!! This works!

Following the Jake's instruction, now my cube designer is working.
    I copied the my jdbc drivers to ..\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\lib directory and wow ... cube designer works.

Jake,
    Thanks a lot.

Excellent!! Keep the feedback rolling on the M2 build. Also, be sure to check out the new Schema Workbench alternative.

Cheers,
    Jake

what files are required in the directory referenced in this thread? Is it just jdbc.properties?

I have moved the file there and published from cube designer successfully, but when I go to preview it gives me the same
    Quadrant Headcount Actual and Budget error!

Update - I succeeded in getting my cube to run when I accidentally discovered that not only do you need the file jdbc.properties, you also need the jar file for your database. Since I am using an Oracle database, I needed ojdbc14.jar.

I have put the driver and properties files in the server/default/lib directory and I am still having the same issue with "This page cannot be accessed directly"

Can someone help?

Default Properly Configuring a JNDI connection in the PCI

The error message "This Page cannot be accessed directly" when previewing a cube is usually caused by an improperly configured JNDI connection on the Pentaho Server. You can verify this by monitoring the server console and looking for errors indicating that the datasource is not configured properly, improperly bound, or something similar. These are the items you need to check to ensure the datasource is setup correctly:

1) Place your JDBC driver (i.e. mysql-connector-java-5.1.0-bin.jar, hsqldb.jar) in the ..\\pentaho_demo_M3\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\lib directory
    2) Modify ..\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\pentaho.war\WEB-INF\web.xml to include a resource ref like this:
    Code:
    <resource-ref>
      <description>mydatasource</description> 
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/mydatasource</res-ref-name> 
        <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type> 
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth> 
     </resource-ref>
    3) Modify ..\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\pentaho.war\WEB-INF\jboss-web.xml to include a resource ref like this:
    Code:
    <resource-ref>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/mydatasource</res-ref-name> 
      <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type> 
      <jndi-name>java:/mydatasource</jndi-name> 
    </resource-ref>
    4) Add a mydatasource-ds.xml to ..\pentaho_demo_M3\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy directory, contents should look similar to this:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
    <datasources>
      <local-tx-datasource>
        <jndi-name>mydatasource</jndi-name> 
        <connection-url>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9001/mydatasource</connection-url> 
        <driver-class>org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</driver-class> 
        <user-name>pentaho_user</user-name> 
        <password>password</password> 
        <check-valid-connection-sql>select count(*) from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SYSTEM_SEQUENCES</check-valid-connection-sql> 
      </local-tx-datasource>
    </datasources>
    If this is still not helping you, please post any stack traces from the server console in your post and we will have a look.

Regards,
    Jake

Default Cube Designer runs like Lewis Hamilton

Jake!
    I made it! Now cube designer is working perfectly using a mySQL star schema.

The problem was that Cube was not creating the <resource-ref> for the web.xml. The moment I inserted the resource, it has got the pole-position.

Thank you for your support.
    Johnny