Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Mondrian Error: duplicate table alias

Default Mondrian Error: duplicate table alias

Hello again.

I would like to know if it is posible to get two dimensions from the same table but use them differently in one cube.

I tried two shared dimensions from the same table and then define the usage within the same cube but i got the error 'duplicate table alias in Cube'

Since my schema have three cubes, these two dimensions would be used in all three cubes.

Thanks,
    Fran

wgorman Guest

In your Mondrian schema, as part of the table element, you can specify the attribute "alias" which will allow you to rename the tables and avoid conflicts.

Hope that helps!

Will

Default Thanks

Thanks for your answer,
    Fran

Default Other causes

This error can also be caused when you have a missing <Table> element in a Hierarchy.

Your fact table can be named by this error because a Hierarchy with no table element assumes the fact table (the table element that is the child node of cube element), but this may clash with other hierarchies or the definition of your levels.

Check your newly added heirarchies for a missing table node.

Hi guys,

I'm having the similar problem here.

I created a schema named "Beyond Demography" with 1 cube named "Fact Demography", but every time i tried to open an MDX query i always get error : "Mondrian connection could not be done for - Beyond Demography.xml". I checked the log and it says : "Duplicate table alias 'Beyond_FactDemography' in cube 'Fact Demography'".

Fyi, I successfully published the schema onto server, but when i open a new analysis view, guess what, the schema won't show up on the list, i think it's because of the error above.

Attached file is the mondrian xml.

Kindly need your help here,

Thx a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

pstoellberger Guest

do you have more than the standard schemas in your db?
    do you connect as a dbo-user to the db?
    have you tried connect to the database in schema workbench with the default schema option? (this is for schema workbench only and won't affect anything when published in the biserver)
    You could also try to remove the dbo schema option in the fact table definition - i'm not totally sure if its necessary in this case

Thx for your answer,

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean, but let me try to answer :

do you have more than the standard schemas in your db? --> i have 3 db schema, one is dbo
    do you connect as a dbo-user to the db? --> yes i connect with sa user.
    have you tried connect to the database in schema workbench with the default schema option?--> would you please explain it more detail about default schema option.
    You could also try to remove the dbo schema option in the fact table definition--> do you mean that i should try to use other schema than dbo?

FYI, I'm using schema workbench and Pentaho BI Platform 1.7.0.1062

Thanks a lot.

pstoellberger Guest

i'd upgrade to a newer version if possible
    try it with schema workbench 3.0.4 and the current mondrian

Hi...

Finally i success to create MDX query, i use newer version of schema workbench.

But, somehow after i publish to bi-server, my schema still won't show up on the New Pentaho Analysis View schema list. Even the demo schema like steel wheels isn't there either.

Did anyone has experience like this ?

Thx

I think, there's something wrong with the New Analysis View web page, always got error like this :

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; yie8)
    Timestamp: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:35:31 UTC

Line: 346
    Char: 18
    Code: 0
    URI: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/NewAnalysisView

Line: 368
    Char: 19
    URI: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/NewAnalysisView

Line: 358
    Char: 2
    URI: http://localhost:8080/pentaho/adhoc/...toryBrowser.js

I attached the screen capture though. .
    I have re-install the Pentaho, but it makes no difference...

Kindly need your help here.

Thx a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images