Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Mondrian Schema Workbench release

Default Mondrian Schema Workbench release

You can download here: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=507816

The Workbench is a desktop Java application allows you to:

* visually create and test Mondrian OLAP cube schemas, validating the schema against the cube database
    * run example MDX queries using the schema and the database
    * browse the cube database

The Mondrian schemas accessed by the Workbench are stored as files, which that can then included in your application that uses Mondrian, such as JPivot, Pentaho BI Suite, JasperAnalysis, SpagoBI and OpenI.

See the docs directory for documentation on the Workbench and Mondrian.

Status

The Workbench has been a part of Mondrian since mid 2002, but was not maintained actively. Cincom did a major upgrade to get it into a great state.

This version of the Workbench is based on a snapshot of Mondrian as of May 11, 2007, ie. after the release of Mondrian 2.3.2. It has been tested against schemas and cubes compatible with Mondrian 2.2.2 and 2.3.2.

Sherman Wood
    JasperSoft

Wow, the workbench seems a great tool... just trying at the moment, but congratulations for your work. What would be the next step? Maybe integrating the wizard as a menu option as done with the report wizard inside report designer?

Best regards,
    Javier
    Javier Giménez
    StrateBI - TodoBI

Default Workbench

HI, I'm new user of mondrian and I have market the workbench tool, I have same questions:
    Cube designer is included in workbench (as function)?

I have lunch workbanch.bat in order to run the tool but the connection with MySql Server fail. I set the parameters by tools->preferences and i have insert:

Driver Class Name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    Connction url: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/gasstone?user=root&password=mypass

The error when i create a new schema is: "Database connection could not be done. com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. All Validations related to database will be ignored"

where I put the jdbc.jar driver? I have read into driver directory...where is it?

If I use jpivot for web application when I use the mondrian library?

Quote Originally Posted by tecnovico View Post
    HI, I'm new user of mondrian and I have market the workbench tool, I have same questions:
    Cube designer is included in workbench (as function)?
    No - they are separate.

I have lunch workbanch.bat in order to run the tool but the connection with MySql Server fail. I set the parameters by tools->preferences and i have insert:

Driver Class Name: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    Connction url: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/gasstone?user=root&password=mypass

The error when i create a new schema is: "Database connection could not be done. com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. All Validations related to database will be ignored"

where I put the jdbc.jar driver? I have read into driver directory...where is it?
    After you unzip the distribution, the drivers directory needs to be under the directory where the workbench.bat script is.

If I use jpivot for web application when I use the mondrian library?
    JPivot uses Mondrian.

Sherman
    JasperSoft

Default tutorial of workbench

hello to all, im working with workbench... and it is a very good utility but someone can say if there is some tutorial of workbench because i want to make a hierarchy with 3 levels and i don't no how to relate the members. can someone help me. by tje way im from Portugal.

bye. thanks for the help in advance