Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to ....Call DB Procedure

Question How to ....Call DB Procedure

Hi,

1. Can I have "Call DB" without any input object (except Row Generator) as in example attached ? Is this a correct transoformation ?

2. How can I load store procedure results to Text filte output using "Call DB" ?

Store Procedure is as below-

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.spc_sel_IMIData
    AS

SELECT c.ApplicationID, s.Server

FROM Component c

INNER JOIN Servers s ON c.ComponentID = s.ComponentID

WHERE s.ImportStatus <> 'D'

ORDER BY c.ApplicationID, s.Server

GO

Appreciate your help.

thanks and regards,
    bhavin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi bhavin,

1. Can I have "Call DB" without any input object (except Row Generator) as in example attached ? Is this a correct transoformation ?

--> No. Call Db proc need to be triggered !
    In a design way, your trans looks good but you have to check requested inputs fields for each step.

2. How can I load store procedure results to Text filte output using "Call DB" ?

The field "Result name" will contain proc return.

That being said, i don't see why you have to use stored proc !

You want to get 2 fields (c.ApplicationID, s.Server), use Table input step.

Rgds

Samatar

Samatar

Thanks for your reply.

First, let's merge this thread with my other thread of "Patch #5604". after listing this thread, I found some headaway for the problem.

But before closing thread, answer to your question-

Q-
    "i don't see why you have to use stored proc !

You want to get 2 fields (c.ApplicationID, s.Server), use Table input step. "

A-
    DBA only allows access to execute procedure. If it is simplest query, it has to be thru Store Procedure. Thought I didn't udnerstand logic, I have follow the policy and procedure set forth.

thanks.

bhavin.

As said a "few" times before on this very forum, you can use this as a hotfix: http://www.kettle.be/dloads/kettle.jar

Default Need Help in calling procedure

--> No. Call Db proc need to be triggered !
    Can you explain what do you mean by triggered?
    I am using a DB and not giving any INPUT and its giving me error.

You need a row generator... just generate 1 empty row.

Regards,
    Sven

Default Help Needed

Senario is like this ....

I have to load data from Oracle D/B to Informix D/B. Informix table has 84 columns and from Oracle side i have to take data from 5 tables and 8 columns has to be populated.
    Problem is that in Oracle tables one table(say t1) has 2000+ records and i am taking 72 columns from it, the other table(say t2) has 10000+ records and i am taking 3 columns from it. Both of them has a single column on which i have to sort the data. Now when i am using sql query to equate i am getting error, if i am using DB Procedure I am getting error.
    Please guide me what to do? Its very urgent. I am struck with it for the last 2 days...
    Thanks,

Your description is too vague to comment on... what kind of errors do you get, what do you want to "equate" on.
    Attach your transformation and we may be able to figure out what you're trying to do.

Regards,
    Sven

Default Here is the attachment

I am sending it as screen shot.I do not know how to send the transformation as .ktr file. New to pentaho.....
    May be u can figure out the transformation......T1 is drug_profile. T2 is GCN_MASTER. Am i going right or wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very wrong for the moment. I look at your picture and have no idea what you try to do.

What I can tell you is that the cartesian join is probably for 99% wrong. Take a copy of the .ktr file and remove all but 2 or 3 steps from the cartesian join step. And then preview it, you will see you will probably get much more rows than expect.

Also:
    - You can just attach .ktr files as you did with the .doc document, but it's probably best to open up the .ktr in notepad or so and blank out the connection information
    - Which error do you get? Or is just not working?

Regards,
    Sven