Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Path to transformations in Spoon and Kitchen

Question Path to transformations in Spoon and Kitchen

Hi all,

I have a job calling on a lot of transformations. To refer to the transformations in a flexible way, I use the environment variable {$Internal.Job.Filename.Directory} in the path to the transformation files.

This works perfectly while inside Spoon, but apparently Kitchen doesn't know about this environment variable. So I tried to switch to relative paths, which worked fine in Kitchen, but failed in Spoon.

Is there a way out of this conundrum? What is the canonical way of referring to transformations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

${Internal.Job.Filename.Directory} should work fine. If it doesn't work, it's a bug and you should file a bug report.
    I use it all the time and as far as I know all the samples work that way.

OK, so either I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug. Let's try to guess which.

One thing I don't understand is where this {$Internal.Job.Filename.Directory} value is stored. I set it in Spoon as an environment variable, but I can't find it inside the kjb file. Where is it stored then?

When I move my job from the dev server to the prod server, I will need to change that path and I won't have the Spoon GUI. So I need to know which file to edit. Checking where that value is stored will maybe give a clue as to what happens when I run the script (on the same server) using either Spoon or Kitchen...

This one is still open: http://www.javaforge.com/proj/tracke...e&task_id=5392

The variables work, but not always in multi-level layer jobs... so do you have jobs calling jobs? The main problem is in the "current" thread-name which is stored as part of the scope. I tried to fix it locally a few times but failed so far.

Regards,
    Sven

I ran some more tests and it definitely doesn't work. So I filed a critical bug:

http://www.javaforge.com/proj/tracke...avigation=true

I hope this can be solved soon because it is totally blocking me