Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Reporting Portlets

Question Reporting Portlets

I have an existing Portal (based on JBoss Portal 2.4) in which I want to integrate various reports similar to the reports in the 'Dashboard' page of the Pentaho Demo Portal. Very interesting are as well the examples in the 'Secure' page where 'Valid entries are defined by a business rule executed during login and saved in the user's session' or access is restricted through 'a session filter' This is very interesting for me as in my portal as the data/report depends on the authenticated user.

Where can I find more information about
    - How to develop Pentaho reporting portlets e.g documentation about ActionPortlet, PieDatasetChartPortlet etc.
    - How to define business rules or session filters

One of the posts is talking about 'JSP Portal and JBoss Portal' . What is the JSP Portal?

Thanks,

Anette

Question

I was able to integrate one of my own reports to the Pentaho Portal.
    Is it possible to integrate these portlets into my own portal? Is there any documenation how this can be done?

Thanks,

Anette

Pentaho portlets adhere to the portlet specification. In addition, the pentaho.war/WEB-INF/portlet.xml defines their setup. The missing component is the portal-specific deployment descriptors or configuration necessary to deploy Pentaho portlets into your portal. For JBoss Portal, you can follow the samples in pentaho.war/WEB-INF/portlet-instances.xml and pentaho.war/WEB-INF/pentaho-portal-object.xml. For other portals, please consult their documentation.

Default More than a Filter Portlet

Hi,

I was able to create a Filter Portlet with several <filter> inside and working with another reporting portlet.

Now, I'm trying to put two Filter Portlets.. But when I set a Page with the two portlets (2 <windows> with diferent filter portlet instances on each) Filters don't work anymore.

Is this because they use the same space on session to write something ?

It's strange because none of them work.. and no value seems to go to the session.

Any thoughts on this? plz help!