Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CubeDesigner can not publish cube

Default CubeDesigner can not publish cube

Hi,

I am new to Pentaho, I am running the BI server and CubeDesigner off my laptop so they are both on 1 machine.

I am using Cube Designer and have trouble publishing my cube in step 5. I have read other threads and have tried all the suggestion such as assigning a password in publisher_config.xml , and using the default username of joe and password of password but I still get the following error message:

Publish Failed. Verify your login and publish password and make sure you Pentaho BI Server is running.

I have the following running
    CubeDesigner 0.7.2.0
    Pentaho 1.2.1 window

Have I missed anything in my setup? I am stuck and need help.

Thanks
    Mai

wgorman Guest

Try restarting your server after updating the publish_config.xml file.

Thanks - Sorry forgot to mention before that I have also restarted the server after making the changes but still get the message.

Only been testing with one cube, maybe I should try creating another one and see if I get the same problem..

wgorman Guest

Take a look at the logs of the BI Server, and see if any errors are printed out there. If you don't see anything in the logs, it may be that the connection string you are giving in the cube designer is incorrect.

Whereabouts in the BI server can I find the log?.

wgorman Guest

When you start the BI Server, log is sent to standard out. Also, there is a log file located at:
    pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/log/server.log

You can adjust your logging levels by editing these two files:
    pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/conf/log4j.xml
    pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml

This is the error I get:

2007-06-12 12:44:53,875 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.LocaleUtils] Locale name null or empty, ignoring
    2007-06-12 12:45:53,697 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.LocaleUtils] Locale name null or empty, ignoring

mean anything to you?

wgorman Guest

The locale errors appear when you startup the BI server, you can ignore those. Check the log file before attempting to publish, and then after and see if there are any additional messages. My hunch is that the connection string specified in the Cube Designer isn't reaching the BI Platform.

Have done what you have asked and there is no additional entry in the server.log

Please advice

wgorman Guest

I did some testing with the 0.7.2 Cube Designer and a 1.2 BI Platform version I have on my box., If you enter the wrong Publish Location you should see an error in the server log, but if either of your passwords are typed incorrectly, you won't see any log messages.

Double check your passwords, and double check your Web Publish URL if you've changed that value.