Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Bunch of questions

Default Bunch of questions

Hello…

I have troubles with it…
    Im using windows xp and server is windows too.

1. I have uzip the PCI and use it locally. When i move the folder to server and run it. It try open reports still localhost but server name is TEST… SO when url is start localhost i cant get report. I have read the blog and found a shell script for linux but i run on windows.

2. JNDI datasource adding is not clear. I m trying to connect as400. JNDI name is not working. But when i manually edit xactşon file with jdbc driver name, pass,name, url, it is run.

3. Scheduling is a good idea but i cant find enoug doc for this. I want to send a report in excell format with email attachment only in friday. But what is type of repeat interval ? Any resource for scheduling appreciated.

4. Version compatibility problem… What is the correct version for latest veron (designer and design studio)... My designer saves xml but it has 0 byte of size. and toher xml with _generated addition. xxx_generated.xml. What is compatible versions of platforms. I have so many zip files. 1.2.534 gs. 1.2.625 gs. opensource installer. 1.5.3 mile stone. But x cont solve the xml download problem.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ikutluay View Post
    Hello…

I have troubles with it…

Im using windows xp and server is windows too.
    your own fault windows on both sides
    just kidding

1. I have uzip the PCI and use it locally. When i move the folder to server and run it. It try open reports still localhost but server name is TEST… SO when url is start localhost i cant get report. I have read the blog and found a shell script for linux but i run on windows.
    go into the server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/web.xml and set the value of
    Code:
    <context-param> 
        <param-name>base-url</param-name>
        <param-value>http://localhost:8080/pentaho/</param-value> 
      </context-param>
    To

Code:
    <context-param> 
        <param-name>base-url</param-name>
        <param-value>http://yourServerNameHereOrIP:8080/pentaho/</param-value> 
      </context-param>
    2. JNDI datasource adding is not clear. I m trying to connect as400. JNDI name is not working. But when i manually edit xactşon file with jdbc driver name, pass,name, url, it is run.
    this is a matter of the application server but Jboss does provides a doseon of template for each db vendors download a jboss version and have a look into its doc directory your will find
    certainly what you are looking for, and dont forget to add the jdbc driver (the jar) into the jboss/server/default/lib/ of the PCI and to copy the datasource that points to your db into
    jboss/server/default/deploy

3. Scheduling is a good idea but i cant find enoug doc for this. I want to send a report in excell format with email attachment only in friday. But what is type of repeat interval ? Any resource for scheduling appreciated.
    you could have a look at the quartz project which is the main scheduler in pentaho afaik

4. Version compatibility problem… What is the correct version for latest veron (designer and design studio)... My designer saves xml but it has 0 byte of size. and toher xml with _generated addition. xxx_generated.xml. What is compatible versions of platforms. I have so many zip files. 1.2.534 gs. 1.2.625 gs. opensource installer. 1.5.3 mile stone. But x cont solve the xml download problem.
    I'm sorry i have no clue what you mean exactly you could provide more information and i will give it a try again

good Luck
    Yassine

Question Hello

Thanks for reply...

About the localhost prblem it is solved a while...

The main problem is. Pentaho trying to download some wdsl files from internet... but i have proxy and also i dont want to it try to connect internet. I have try oepnsource isntaller and all versions after 1.2.534. all of them still try to connect internet. I have asked and asked and asked they always said update wsrp. I really dont understand. if this is a bug of jbos then why they dont include new jbos in 1.5.4

Now i still cannot use all versions except 1.2.534 ...

Do you know that how can i disable downloading those files and use them locally everytime.

Regards