Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: problems in step 3: create measures + format

Default problems in step 3: create measures + format

hello,

i created a field with an aggregation sum to add together some values and i use the format #.##0. i also tested this format in excel with a sum function and some of the values. but when i published the dimensions the aggregation is formated wrong. is there a bug in pentaho cube designer ?

the output should be: 7.476 (or 7,476)

but is: 7,4767,476

it seems that the number is shown doubly.

does anyone here have a problem like this?

wgorman Guest

Could you post the generated Schema file?

hello,

thanks for the fast reply. here is the modrian schema file.

----------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Schema name="IDA Cube Example">
    <Cube name="IDA Cube Example">
    <Table name="fakt_zugriff"/>
    <Dimension name="Mitarbeiter" foreignKey="dmitarb_id">
    <Hierarchy name="Mitarbeiter" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All mitarbeiter" primaryKey="id">
    <Table name="dim_mitarbeiter"/>
    <Level name="dim_mitarbeiter.organisation" table="dim_mitarbeiter" column="organisation" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_mitarbeiter.abteilung" table="dim_mitarbeiter" column="abteilung" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_mitarbeiter.gruppe" table="dim_mitarbeiter" column="gruppe" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_mitarbeiter.mitarbeiternummer" table="dim_mitarbeiter" column="mitarbeiternummer" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Dimension name="Datum" foreignKey="ddat_id">
    <Hierarchy name="Datum" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All datum" primaryKey="id">
    <Table name="dim_datum"/>
    <Level name="dim_datum.jahr_bez" table="dim_datum" column="jahr_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_datum.quartal_bez" table="dim_datum" column="quartal_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_datum.monat_bez" table="dim_datum" column="monat_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_datum.tag_bez" table="dim_datum" column="tag_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Dimension name="Stunde" foreignKey="dstd_id">
    <Hierarchy name="Stunde" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All stunde" primaryKey="id">
    <Table name="dim_stunde"/>
    <Level name="dim_stunde.stunde_bez" table="dim_stunde" column="stunde_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Dimension name="Geschaeftsfall" foreignKey="dgeschf_id">
    <Hierarchy name="Geschaeftsfall" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All geschaeftsfall" primaryKey="id">
    <Table name="dim_geschaeftsfall"/>
    <Level name="dim_geschaeftsfall.geschaeftsfall" table="dim_geschaeftsfall" column="geschaeftsfall" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_geschaeftsfall.modul" table="dim_geschaeftsfall" column="modul" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_geschaeftsfall.aufgabe" table="dim_geschaeftsfall" column="aufgabe" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Dimension name="Versicherter" foreignKey="dvers_id">
    <Hierarchy name="Versicherter" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All versicherter" primaryKey="id">
    <Table name="dim_versicherter"/>
    <Level name="dim_versicherter.bundesland_bez" table="dim_versicherter" column="bundesland_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_versicherter.bezirk_bez" table="dim_versicherter" column="bezirk_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_versicherter.gemeinde_bez" table="dim_versicherter" column="gemeinde_bez" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    <Level name="dim_versicherter.svnr" table="dim_versicherter" column="svnr" uniqueMembers="false"/>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Measure name="SUM of fakt_zugriff.anz" column="anz" aggregator="sum" datatype="Numeric" formatString="#.##0"/>
    </Cube>
    </Schema>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

wgorman Guest

The schema looks fine. I verified in my environment that the format string combined with the datatype has no problems.

Because I have a US / English locale, I used "#,##0" but even when I use "#.##0" The only difference is I see a ".0" at the end of my numeric field.

What version of Mondrian are you using? Are you using it with the Pentaho BI Platform?

Will

I have the same problem, as reported in http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26099

Smile

Hi,

I had the same problem with integers data and a french locale in the Pentaho BI Server :
    with the default format in Cube Designer's measures screen, the data are displayed in double
    e.g. if data=5 then the displayed string was 5 5 (with a space).
    You are using Numeric data type when I had Integer, but you may try "Standard" format instead, it solved the problem for me.
    Configuration :
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    Pentaho_demo_hsqldb-1.6.0.GA.863

a+, =)
    -=Clément=-

Where do i set the "Standard" format?

Smile

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by svallejo View Post
    Where do i set the "Standard" format?
    I set the "Standard" format here :

edit : see attached image (sorry, I thought that removing the picture from attachments would just remove it from the "attached image" part of the post, not removing the picture from my personal space-that's why my image link was broken)

a+, =)
    -=Clément=-
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by clement; 10-24-2007 at 12:25 PM.