Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to pass parameters in mdx

Default how to pass parameters in mdx

hi

i like to know how to pass parameters in mdx and how to access this parameters in xml schema file. It would be helpful if someone explain with example.

thanks in advance.
    rajan

Default I have the same problem

Hi, I am trying to find out exactly the same thing, but I haven't received any answer.
    I made a little research and it seems that microsoft SQL Server provides some functionality for that, but since I am not using Miscrosoft I am stuck on this.

Did you discover the Parameter and ParamRef functions?

Also the DynamicSchemaProcessor interface, if you are trying to pre-process a schema file.

Julian

Hi Julian,

I feel you're much to deep or taking a lot of technical know-how for granted. The PARAMETER()/PARAMREF() functions don't show how, for example, one would parameterize and pass the selected value of a secure filter in an action sequence to the mdx query using the Pentaho Design Studio. Please show one simple example of an xaction with a Pivot view/mdx query parameterized to use the output value of a previous action in the same session.

Thanks so very much!
    Ralph

Hi Julian and the other members looking for answers here in the thread. Please see my thread starting with "Desperately need...". I got the example I needed at a level I could understand and was able to "easily" adjust our mdx query to use the selected value from a secure filter.
    Ralph