Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: SSO between Portal and Servlets

Default SSO between Portal and Servlets

Hi,

I'd like to ask you to allow for Single Sign On in the Open Source version of Pentaho. I'm developing a Portal with some custom portlets and will try to allow for the ViewAction and Chart portlets to be able to export to PDF and CSV but for the meantime I have added an export link that calls the ViewAction Servlet... the problem is that I have to remove security from Tomcat otherwise the users have to login to Pentho.

Couldn't you use the JBoss portal structure with Pentaho's Acegi Security ?

Congrats on a great product

I'd like to clarify my understanding of your post. As stated in this post, single sign-on (SSO) is not an open source feature. However, you're simply stating that you'd like to see SSO in the open source version. Is that right?

Default Sso

Hi,

Yes, that's it. I think that with JBoss Portal 2.6 coming up and with its branch featuring CAS integration this would be a real plus for Pentaho.

The Portal version is very limited, at least at the present state. There is no export option in the portlets and, although I'm trying to "hack" it into the existing portlets, if the actions were secured using the same scheme used by the PortalI could just put a link to the existing Servlets without having to let them wide open or make the user sign in to Pentaho...

I really think that a Portal makes sense for BI but I get the feeling that Pentaho is not making this approach its focus, with Adhoc Reporting and the upcoming Dashboard builder as "standalone" applications.. please consider the v2 Portlet specification and the IPC.. Portals might be declining with this Web 2.0 bubble but the concept is still interesting specially for integration with other apps...

Regards

I've the solution for single sign-on with cas, jboss portal and acegi framework...
    Visit my blog and follow that guide
    http://pasqualerizzi.blogspot.com/20...e-sign-on.html
    Last edited by pasqualerizzi; 05-14-2008 at 04:48 AM.