Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running Kettle in an App Server

Default Running Kettle in an App Server

I was wondering if Kettle has been successfully been integrated into application server(s). If so what app servers? I am using glassfish and would like to run kettle from it as a service. Ideally there would be a JBI wrapper to it.

Is Kettle thread safe so that multiple instances can be run at a time or would I need to synchronize access to it. Thanks.

kettle is running e.g. as part of the Pentaho stack as an xaction/KettleComponent, but it will take a little code if you want to run it as an own service.

Regards,
    Sven

Thanks. Could you please elaborate. I have only used kettle and am not familiar with xaction. I would like to have Kettle available as a service. Are there pointers on what needs to be done. Looking through the code briefly last night I noticed a number of static variables, which left me wondering if Kettle was designed to be thread safe so that multiple transformations could be running simultaneously.

Don't reply to this post, use the other one

KettleComponent is the part of the Pentaho suite that executes Kettle transformations. It runs in an app-server and I haven't used it that much.

Regards,
    Sven