Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: new Cube using microsoft access

Default new Cube using microsoft access

Hello,
    This is the first time I try to design a cube with Pentaho Cube Designer. I'm at first step and I don't know how to select my access data source. I don't know which driver do I have to select, which connect string, username and password.
    I have installed Pentaho Open BI Suite and I don't know how to design my cube because I don't find it at documentation. Does anybody know where can I find any information about this?

Thank you,

You will need to find a JDBC driver for MS Access (if one exists, otherwise you will need a JDBC-ODBC bridge). The JDBC driver needs to be placed in your .\CubeDesigner\lib\jdbc prior to starting cube designer. When creating a connection, you should then see the appropriate driver class in the pull down menu - simply give the connection a name, enter the correct JDBC Connection URL based on your JDBC driver's documentation, a username/password and you are all set.

Don't forget to place the same driver in your .\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\lib of your Pentaho server installation if you intend to publish/preview this in the pentaho platform.

HTH,
    Jake

Angry Connection with MS SQL Server 2005

Hello everybody,
    I need to connect to MS SQL Server 2005 from my Cube Designer. I had created a datasource in the PCi.

JNDI Name:SplicemData
    Driver:com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    Connection String:jdbc:sqlserver://infch02482:1433;Splice
    User Name:sa
    Password:sqlserver123#

and we modified related xml documents(jboss,web.xml,in cube designer jdbc properties). Am not able to connect succesfully and view the tables inside it..

Any clue? What might be the mistake?
    Please help.......!