Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: BI Platform Pre-requisites

Default BI Platform Pre-requisites

Hi there, what do I need to setup before installing the BI Platform?, are there any pre-requisites?, because I installed it (Pentaho Open BI Suite - Windows Installer) and then tried using the Pentaho Open BI Suite, Pre-configured Installation (PCI). And I can't see the http://localhost:8080/pentaho/home site. I already stopped a proxy that runs on the same port and nothing happened.

Thank you in advanced,
    Ing. Christian Ramirez

Usingt the PCI it should just work. What output do you see in the window where pentaho is running? ( not the hypersonic window ) There will probably be some exceptions which may point towards the problem. Maybe it can't find your JVM? ( need a Java 5 VM too.. )

This is part of the output:
    ---------------
    Could not locate C:\pentaho-demo\jre\lib\tools.jar. Unexpected results may occur
    Make sure that JAVA_HOME points to a JDK and not a JRE.
    ---------------

So I installed JDK 6 and JVM, and changed the JAVA_HOME to this JAVA_HOME=C:\Archivos de programa\Java\jdk1.6.0_02 in the start-pentaho.bat

But still no luck, I'm really new to this as I can see, is there something missing here?
    Thank you,
    Ing. Christian Ramirez

hmm that seems odd, i'm afraid i dont know what else it could be - anything else in the logs?
    Other thing is, i've seen odd things with jdk 6, try 5, it's probably safer...